Associate Professor Emerita
- Ph.D., University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, 2000
- M.A., Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, 1969
- B.A., Tufts University, Medford, MA, 1968
- Introduction to Schooling in a Diverse Society
- Advance Methods in Secondary Level Social Studies
- Supervision of Student Teaching
- Theory and Practice of Educational Leadership
- The Principalship/ The Superintendency
- Supervision of Instruction
- American Law and the Educational Organization
- Practicum in Educational Leadership
- Current Issues in Educational Policy and Leadership
- Women in the High School Principalship
- The Role of the Principal
- Leadership in Educational Organizations
- Professional Development Schools
- The Co-Principalship
Recent Publications and Presentations
Eckman, E.; Mertz, N.; and Strayhorn, T. (2011). Entering Student Affairs: A Comparative Study of Graduate School Choice. The College Student Affairs Journal, 30 (1).
Eckman, E. & Kelber, S. (2009). Female traditional principals and co-principals: Experiences of role conflict and job satisfaction. Journal of Educational Change
Eckman, E. & Kelber, S. (2009). The co-principalship: An alternative to the traditional principalship. Planning and Changing
Eckman, E. & Kelber, S. The co-principalship as a leadership opportunity for women. Paper presented at Annual Meeting of American Educational Research Association (AERA), March 2008.
Eckman, E. (2007). The co-principalship: It’s not lonely at the top. Journal of School Leadership, 17(3), 313–339.
Eckman, E. (2007). A dynamic duo. American School Board Journal, 194 (4), 47-49.
Eckman, E.W. (2006). Co-principals: Characteristics of dual leadership teams. Leadership and Policy in Schools, 5(2), 1-20.
Whipp, J., Eckman, E.W., and van den Kieboom, L. (in press). Using sociocultural theory to guide teacher use and integration of instructional technology in two professional development schools. Journal of Computing in Teacher Education.
Eckman, E.W. Does Gender make a difference? Voices of male and female high school principals. Planning and Changing 35(3&4), pp 192-208.
Eckman, E.W. (2004). Similarities and differences in role conflict, role commitment, and job satisfaction for female and male high school principals. Educational Administration Quarterly, 40 (3), 366-387.
Eckmkan, E.W. (2003). Voices of women high school principals. Journal of Women in Educational Leadership, 1(2), 181-202.
Eckman, E.W. (2002) Women high school principals: Perspectives on role conflict, role commitment and job satisfaction. Journal of School Leadership, 12(1), 57-78.