Karen Evans, Ph.D.Marquette University
Schroeder Complex, 116DMilwaukeeWI53201United States of America(414) email@example.com
Clinical Associate Professor
Educational Policy and Leadership
Director of Assessment
- Ph.D., University of Arizona
- M.S., University of Nebraska
- B.S., University of Nebraska
- Intermediate/Middle School Literacy Methods
- Literacy Assessment
- Introduction to Educational Inquiry
- Comprehension Strategy Instruction
- Preservice Literacy Instruction
Evans, K. S. (2002). Fifth-grade students’ perceptions of how they experience literature discussion groups. Reading Research Quarterly, 37(1), 46-69.
Evans, K. S. (2001). Literature discussion groups in the intermediate grades: Dilemmas and possibilities. International Reading Association.
Evans, K. S. & Walker, N. T. (2005). Reading First: Hidden messages, omissions, and contradictions. In B. Maloch, J. Hoffman, D. Schallert, C. Fairbanks, & J. Worthy, (Eds.), 54th Yearbook of the National Reading Conference. Oak Creek, WI: National Reading Conference, Inc., 157-167.
As Director of Assessment, responsibilities include:
- design & maintain assessment system for all programs within COE
- collect and analyze completed critical tasks from all courses taught in the COED
- create assessment reports for each program
- prepare assessment reports for accreditation purposes
- analyze assessment reports for purpose of informing programmatic changes