Educational Policy and Leadership
- Ph.D., University of Wisconsin Madison, Curriculum & Instruction | Education Policy Studies
- M.A.T., Dominican University
- B.A., Harvard University, Women's Studies
- Elementary Social Studies Methods
- Middle/Secondary Social Studies Methods
- Justice-oriented pedagogy
- Democratic and multicultural-social studies education
- Community work for educational justice
- Urban school reform
Gibson, M. Beyond chapter one. In Agarwal-Ragnath, R., Dover, A., & Henning, N. (Eds.), Social studies for social justice in the Common Core era: Letters to new teachers. New York: Teachers College Press.
Gibson, M., & Grant, C. (in press). The language of justice: A human rights framework & justice-oriented teaching. In Bajaj, M. (Ed.), Global Perspectives on Human Rights Education. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press.
Gibson, M., & Grant, C. Toward a ‘paideia of the soul’: Education to enrich America’s multicultural democracy. Intercultural Education, 23(4), 313-324.
Gibson, M. Are we ‘reading the world’? A review of multicultural literature on globalization. Multicultural Perspectives, 12(3), 129-137.
Read more about Dr. Gibson on our blog, The Marquette Educator!