Timothy Melchert, Ph.D.Marquette University
Schroeder Complex, 113KMilwaukeeWI53201United States of America(414) email@example.com
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology, University of Wisconsin-Madison (1992)
- Licensed Psychologist, State of Wisconsin
- Theories of Counseling
- Professional Ethics and Legal Issues
- Introduction to Counseling Psychology
- Clinical Practicum
- Consultation Strategies
My main area of research and scholarship focuses on the theoretical and scientific frameworks used to guide education and practice in behavioral healthcare. A science-based biopsychosocial framework can resolve much of the theoretical confusion and professional conflicts that have long plagued the field. I also work with students on topics involving well-being and health psychology.
- Member, American Psychological Association Committee on Professional Practice and Standards
- Member, American Psychological Association Task Force on the Integration of Science and Practice in Health Service Psychology Education
- Member, Marquette University Master Plan Steering Committee
- Chair, Marquette University Academic Senate
- Chair, Marquette University Presidential Inauguration Steering Committee
Cooke, P. J., Melchert, T. P., & Connor, K. (2016). Measuring well-being: A review of instruments. The Counseling Psychologist, 44(5), 730-757.
Melchert, T. P. (2016). Leaving behind our preparadigmatic past: Professional psychology as a unified clinical science. American Psychologist, 71, 486-496.
Melchert, T. P. (2015). Biopsychosocial practice: A science-based framework for behavioral health care. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
Hildebrand, L., Melchert, T. P., & Anderson, R. C. (2014). Impression management during evaluation and psychological reactions post-donation of living kidney donors. Clinical Transplantation, 28, 855-861.
Melchert, T. P. (2013). Beyond theoretical orientations: The emergence of a unified scientific framework for professional psychology. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 44, 11-19.
Melchert, T. P. (2011). Foundations of Professional Psychology: The end of theoretical orientations and the emergence of the biopsychosocial approach. London: Elzevier.
Meyer, L., & Melchert, T. P. (2011). Examining the content of mental health intake assessments from a biopsychosocial perspective. Journal of Psychotherapy Integration, 21, 70-89.