- Faculty Employment in the College of Education
- Employment Opportunities & Announcements from COED Friends
- Student Employment & Volunteer Opportunities
Student Employment and Volunteer Opportunities
Have an job posting for friends of the College of Education?
Fill out the form below:
Once completed, email it back to us. Also, if you are aware that a position has already been filled, please drop a note to let us know! Thanks!
Lead Teacher, MUSCLES Camp
Please see details on MU's employment webpage
Kids Campus Coordinators, Catholic East Academy
Scope of Responsibility
Provide personal adequate instruction and care for all the children in our Kids Campus Program. This position is supervised by the school principal.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in creating, organizing and instruction the after school program assistants to help students with homework.
- Assists in creating, organizing and instructing a recreation program for children, including arts and crafts, physical activities, and special interest activities.
- Supervise part-time after school program assistants.
- Assists in classes and activities for youth engaged in recreational activities to include active and passive participants.
- Must be able to take charge and direct children in case of an emergency.
- Attendance at work is an essential function of this position.
- Ability to work well with children.
- Ability to assist in developing, coordinating, and directing varied activities involved in an after school program.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers, other personnel, and the parents.
- Ability to follow verbal and or written instructions.
- Ability to work under stress and handle stressful situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in inside and outside weather conditions.
- Skill in First Aid and CPR preferred
After School Mad Science Teacher
Mad Science of Milwaukee, Milwaukee and Suburbs area
We are looking to fill several permanent, FLEXIBLE, Part-Time Instructor Positions!Mad Science of Milwaukee is a fun, hands-on, science enrichment company looking for INSTRUCTORS to spark the imagination and curiosity of elementary school students throughout Milwaukee County. We are looking for high-energy instructors with a passion for teaching to teach fun science classes to elementary-age students weekday afternoons.
Compensation is $30-40 per class. You must be available a minimum of two afternoons per week between the hours of 2:30 and 5:30 pm.
All applicants are welcome, as long as they –
- Have a very outgoing and FUN personality
- Enjoy and have experience working with school-age children
- Able to work independently
- Have a STRONG work ethic (responsible, dependable, punctual, etc).
- Either own or have access to a reliable vehicle
- Are comfortable in front of groups of kids
A background in science is not required, we will train you on everything you need to know!
Interested?? Fill out our online application at Milwaukee.madscience.org. Click on the ‘Work for Us’ tab.
CONTACT PERSON: Erica Avery – 414-858-9990 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kids Club Playground Program
The Shorewood Recreation and Community Services Department is seeking Kid’s Club Leaders for its summer 2018 Playgrounds Program (Kids Club). Leaders work with youth ages 4 – 12 in planning and implementing educational and recreational activities.
Dates/Times: Program runs Monday, June 17 – Friday, August 2 (training on June 15)
Mondays: 12:00 – 5:30 pm (Staff meeting held from 12:00 – 12:30)
Tuesday – Friday: 12:45 pm – 5:30 pm
Hours are based on enrollment – staff may get cut if enrollment numbers are low.
- Participate in all staff training sessions and attend all weekly staff meetings. Attendance at all sessions is mandatory.
- Organize and lead activities at site. Leaders are expected to be actively involved with all registered participants. Activities may include: crafts, nature, songs, games, theme days, etc.
- Develop a bi-weekly calendar that will be distributed to parents of participants. Activities should include curriculum that provides fun, creative and safe activities for participants. Calendars are to be turned into Kids Club Supervisor on set due dates.
- Identify and respond to negative participant behavior issues.
- Prevent injuries by minimizing or eliminating hazardous situations or behaviors.
- Address parent concerns in a professional and timely manner. Inform Recreation Coordinator of any parent concerns, even if they have already been addressed.
- Enforce Shorewood Recreation rules and policies. Educate parents, guardians, participants and fellow staff on rules and policies as necessary.
- Leaders are responsible for program facilities and all equipment (i.e. balls, jump ropes, art supplies, etc.) belonging to the Shorewood Recreation Department. This includes ensuring the proper use of equipment and keeping the site clean, organized and free of litter.
- Assist Recreation Coordinator and Kids Club Supervisor in the planning and implementation of special events.
- Emphasize and model good sportsmanship during games and activities.
- Demonstrate excellent judgment and select the most appropriate course of action in a given situation or crisis in order to resolve the issue. Contact Kids Club Supervisor immediately if you need assistance.
- Direct and supervise program volunteers (if applicable).
- Must be 17 years or older.
- Proficiency in the following skills: Leadership, Decision-Making, Planning, Organization and Communication.
- Ability to lead, plan, organize and implement program activities.
- Desire to work in a team environment with the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
- Enthusiastic personality and willingness to adapt to unforeseen circumstances.
- Up to date CPR/AED and First-Aid Certification preferred, but not required.
How to Apply: Contact Megan Phalin at email@example.com or at (414) 963-6913 x 4 for an application or stop in the Recreation Department at 1701 E. Capitol Drive, Shorewood, WI 53211 to inquire. Submit applications by May 1, 2019.
Whitefish Bay Family Seeking Babysitters
Needs: 1-2 mornings or afternoons available per week and occasional weeknights or weekend evenings
Children: 5, 3, and 1
Rate: $15.00 per hour
Requirements: Transportation and experience babysitting young children
If Interested please contact Maggie Hammes 312-718-8800 or Maggie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Part time sitter now and 20 hours a week in the summer (Ness family)
Hello! Looking for a student who may be interested in part time sitting during the school semester with increased hours over Spring Break and 15-20 hours a week in the summer. The summer opportunity is great for a student with morning classes or other morning responsibilities as we would be primarily looking for help from 2-5pm during the summer week days. We have three children ages 8, 5 and 3 but the summer responsibilities would be mainly for the 8 and 5-year-old. We live on the upper eastside – not far from UWM. Pay is $15-20 an hour. Car preferred.
Contact: Jaclyn Ness email@example.com
Teachers for Spring and Summer 2019 Programs
A fast growing, locally owned STEAM Enrichment program is hiring new
teachers for the Spring and/or Summer. If you are a former teacher,
pre-school teacher, current teacher taking time off or have relevant
experience working Summer Camps and working with kids, we want to
hear from you.
*For Spring - must be available between the Hours of 2-5pm AT LEAST 2
*Hours in Summer will average 15 hours per week M-F
*Must be able to pass a caregiver background Check
*Must have relevant experience
*Must have own transportation
Location: Waukesha and Milwaukee counties
Email firstname.lastname@example.org today with your resume and we will
be in touch soon!
You can also apply through our website by clicking “Register Now” and
then “Apply Here”. Both are located in the top, right corners of the
page. Check us out: www.challenge-island.com/waukesha-milwaukee
Staff, Camp Thunderhead (for summer 2019)
Camp Thunderhead is an extension of Nativity Jesuit Academy (NJA).
The school’s website is www.njms.org.
The camp serves the school as an extension of the NJA academic school
year which focuses on educating Latino youth for a life of Christian
leadership and service.
While at camp, students attend required morning classes in reading,
science, and math. In the afternoons students participate in
environmental education, learn woodworking skills, play sports, go
fishing, camping, biking, and much more.
The camp experience is unique, rewarding, and transformational in
its commitment to and service of our Latino students.
2017 Camp Dates: June 19-July 28, 2017.
Qualifications: -18 years of age, Willingness and capability to work
and serve as a positive role model in a positive, mission-driven, healthy
learning camp educational environment.
A Camp Staff position includes: -Competitive Starting Salary: $1050;
with annual increases for returning staff, Room and Board, CPR and
First Aid Training, Life Skills and Resume-Building experiences:
TEACHING, coaching, facilitating, leading groups, environmental
education, multi-cultural experience, service, leadership development.
For information and to apply:
Institute of Reading Development, Summer Teachers
Teach Reading Classes to Students of All Ages
Now Accepting Applications for Summer 2019
The Institute of Reading Development offers summer reading skills programs in partnership with the continuing education departments of more than 100 colleges and universities nationwide. Each year we hire hard-working, encouraging people with a passion for reading to teach our summer programs.
As an Institute teacher you will:
- Earn more than $6,000 in one summer. Our full-time teachers typically earn $500-$700 per week.
- Improve your teaching skills and confidence during our comprehensive, paid training program.
- Gain over 400 hours of classroom teaching experience with a variety of age groups from 4-year-olds to adults.
- Help your students become successful readers with a love of great books.
We are seeking applicants from any academic discipline. All applicants must have an undergraduate degree or higher in their field before the start of our teaching season.
Successful Institute teachers:
- Have strong reading skills and read for pleasure
- Are responsible and hard-working, with good communication and organizational skills
- Will be patient and supportive with students
Sound like you? Learn more about teaching for us and apply today: Summer Teaching Jobs
AVID Tutors, Whitefish Bay High School
AVID is a national framework that includes both school-wide strategies and elective class that students must apply to that is focused on post-secondary readiness. In the elective students spend 2 days/week, participating in tutorials (essentially Socratic seminars) in which the students help each other through a pre-determined "point of confusion" by asking questions. These small groups are facilitated by "tutors" who are trained for roughly 4-5 hours in something called "Tutorology."
This is compensated at $11/hour, and it is often a great opportunity for education students, retired teachers, etc. Possible Tutors must apply on WECAN (it's a support position). No content knowledge is needed.
Amy Levek, Principal
Whitefish Bay High School