The LGBTQ+ Resource Center contributes to a culture of equity on campus through intentional programming and events. Follow our Instagram and MARQUEE for up-to-date information.
Come back in the fall to see our upcoming events!
- LGBTQ+ History Month
- Trans* Compassion Week
- Pride Week
- Lavender Graduation
October is LGBTQ+ History Month. The RC honors the history of the LGBTQ+ community with events on a variety of topics.
A programmed week of events to acknowledge Transgender Day of Remembrance, Trans* Compassion Week recognizes anti-transgender violence and supports our trans* and gender-diverse students.
Trans* Compassion Week 2023 Events - November 13th - November 20th
- Monday, 11/13 - Campus Day of Silence: A solemn day to honor and remember the lives unjustly taken from the Trans* community. Folx who are participating can pick up cards to share with others about why they are taking a vow of silence from the RC, AMU 140 as early as Nov 8th at 12 PM.
- Tuesday, 11/14 - LGBTQ+ Workshop on Trans* Joy and Self-Care: Join the Counseling Center team for an insightful discussion on self-care and finding joy through folx gender exploration journeys. This event will take place in Holthusen Hall, Room 207 from 3 PM – 4 PM.
- Wednesday, 11/15 - Soup with Substance with the RC team: Join us in AMU 227 from 12 PM – 1 PM! We will be focusing on conversations about cultivating care for the Trans* community at Marquette University.
- Thursday, 11/16 - Tea in the RC with Dr. Czelatdko: Learn more about the Gender Affirming Voice Therapy program housed within the Speech Pathology and Audiology unit in a warm and welcoming setting. This event will be from 1 PM – 3 PM in the RC, AMU 140.
- Friday, 11/17 - Queer Closet Donation Drive: Help make a difference by donating to our Queer Closet. The RC Team will be taking donations for daily, casualwear clothing items in the RC, AMU 140 from 9 AM – 4 PM.
- Clothing & Accessories Welcome:
- Short Sleeve Shirts: XS – 3XL
- Casual Shirts and Button-Ups: XS – 3XL
- Sweaters or Quarter-Zips: XS – 3XL
- Jackets: XS – 3XL
- Skirts: XL – 3XL
- Pants: XS – 3XL or various numbered sizes
- Dresses: XS – 3XL
- Saturday, 11/18 - Crafts with Compassion: Get creative and express your support through art! Hosted in Marquette Place from 8 PM – 10 PM in collaboration with MU Gender and Sexuality Alliance (GSA) and Campus Activites Board (CAB).
- Monday, 11/20 - Trans* Remembrance Vigil: Join the RC team in a moving tribute to remember Trans* lives lost this year. This event will take place in AMU 227 from 5 PM – 6 PM.
Every April, the RC dedicates a week to pride and celebration. Our signature event is the Pride Prom, a gathering for LGBTQ+ individuals and their allies, many of whom did not have affirming experiences at their high school proms.
A celebration to honor LGBTQ+ graduates and acknowledge the unique challenges of persistence at college as a queer student. Any 2023 Marquette graduate can register to be recognized. All campus community, friends, and family are invited to join observe the ceremony.
LAVENDER GRADUATION 2024: Date to be announced in Spring 2024 Term
Connect with us all month via Instagram (@LGBTQMU)
Reach out to the center by emailing LGBTQCenter@marquette.edu
Support your LGBTQ+ friends, colleagues, and students. Utilize campus and local resources as well as engaging with small queer-owned businesses.