This page is designed to provide resources for members of the LGBTQ+ community as well as their allies on campus and beyond. Here, you will find information, organizations, and services tailored to a variety of identities and experiences. We hope that this page helps members of the LGBTQ+ community find the help they need, and encourage the development of safe, supportive spaces across the Marquette community.
Expand all | Collapse all
- Tea in the RC | once a month in AMU 140 | dates posted on instagram
- TLC | Transgeder Law Center is the largest national trans-led organization advocating self-determination for all people.
- NCTE | National Center for Transgender Equality advocates to change policies and society to increase understanding and acceptance.
- Family Support | for families of transgender & gender diverse children
- Trans Lifeline | Grassroots hotline and microgrant organization for trans people in crisis
- THRIVE Lifeline | Trans-led crisis text line for marginalized people in STEMM
- TransAthlete | Resource for trans inclusion in athletics
Romantic and Sexual Identities
- AVEN | The Asexual Visibility and Education Network provides a broad overview of asexuality, multiple FAQs, and perspectives from asexual people.
- The NW Network | The Northwest Network of Bi, Trans, Lesbian, and Gay Survivors of Abuse works to end violence and abuse by building loving and equitable relationships in our community and acorss the country.
- Bisexual Resource Center | The BRC is an organization that provides education on bisexuality and connects local support/resource groups.
- Trevor Project | The Trevor Project is a suicide prevention nonprofit that offers public education and a hotline for LGBTQ+ individuals in crisis. A counselor can be reached at 1-866-488-7386.
- Rainbow Alliance for the Deaf | RAD is an organization of Deaf/HH LGBTQIA+ individuals who provide resources and host a bi-annual conference
- Asian Pride Project | This platform collects stories from the Asian American and Pacific Islander LGBTQIA+ community from the perspective of families, elders, and communities
- Muslims for Progressive Values LGBTQI Resources | MPV provides articles, video lectures, and other resources for LGBTQIA+ Muslims
- National Queer Asian Pacific Islander Alliance | NQAPIA is a federation of organizations around the country working with local LGBTQIA+ AAPI groups to address a wide range of issues
- Blackline | This hotline provides counseling and other supports for those impacted by systemic oppression, operating from an LGBTQIA+ Black Femme lens and prioritizing BIPOC
- DeHQ | This hotline provides peer support for South Asian LGBTQIA+ people in the United States
- Black Trans Advocacy Coalition | BTAC is a social justice organization led by black trans people engaged in national advocacy work while also connecting individuals to local resources
Staff & Faculty Resources
- Top Things to Unlearn About LGBTQ+ People | Resource challenging stereotypes and myths about the LGBTQ+ community.
- LGBTQ Employee Resource Group | This group works to build a supportive and affirming atmosphere for LGBTQ staff and faculty at Marquette University. The primary objectives of ERGs are to promote a sense of community, build personal and professional networks, enhance employee support and retention, and assist in attracting new employees to Marquette to foster a diverse and inclusive community. The LGBTQ ERG organizes social and educational events for Marquette faculty and staff who identify as LGTBQ or as allies.
- The Faber Center for Ignatian Spirituality | Provides Marquette's faculty and staff with support and guidance in leading a reflective life. Through retreats, reflection groups, a spiritual library and spirtual direction.
- PFLAG Guide to Being a Straight Ally | Guide to individuals who want to learn how to be a part of achieving equality for all and supporting LGBT friends, family, and colleagues.
- Practice With Pronouns | Website that lets you practice using different pronoun sets in a variety of situations.
- Consortium of Higher Education LGBT Resources | Provides resources for professionals working with LGBT individuals in higher education settings.
- EDUMED Resource | Online guide to creating LGBTQIA+ friendly communities in healthcare & education.
- The Healing Center | This organization offers support groups, individual counseling and advocacy services, which are free and confidential. They can be reached at (414) 671-4325.
- Milwaukee LGBT Community Center | The center has been a home to the LGBT population of metro Milwaukee, providing culturally sensitive and competent educational, social, and health and wellness services that meet the needs of LGBT youth, adults and their allies. The center can be reached at (414) 271-2656.
- Sexual Assault Treatment Center | Aurora Healthcare provides medical assessment and treatment, emotional support and counseling, medical and legal evidence collection and screening for pregnancy and STDs. They can be reached at (414) 219-5555, 24-hours-a-day
- Sojourner Family Peace Center | 24-hour domestic violence hotline and emergency legal assistance. The center can be reached at (414) 276-1911 and all services are confidential.
- Pridefest | Wisconsin's largest LGBT Festival, featuring three days of music and performances.
- Diverse & Resilient | A program that engages in LGBTQ+ advocacy and provides services directly to the community, including anti-violence, leadership, sexual health, and other community programs.
- Outwords Books | A local LGBT bookstore which offers a wide selection of books and magazines as well as pride and gift items.
- Froedtert Inclusion Clinic | This clinic focuses on providing comprehensive medical care that is LGBQ+ affirming. Services include primary care, OB/GYN, HIV care, hormone therapy, and psychiatric care.
- PFLAG Milwaukee Chapter | Local chapter of a national advocacy organization for LGBTQ+ people and their families and allies.
- Dignity USA Milwaukee Chapter | Local chapter of a national organization focused on LGBT rights in the Catholic church.
National Advocacy Organizations
- HRC Scholarship Database | A collection of scholarships and grants for LGBTQ+ students curated by the Human Rights Campaign.
- Fastweb Financial Aid Resources for LGBTQ+ Students | A list of financial aid opportunties for LGBTQ+ created by Fastweb.
- Campus Pride Scholarship Database | A list of scholarships for LGBTQ+ students and their allies, maintained by Campus Pride.
- MBLGTACC Conference | America's largest annually-run conference for LGBTQ+ college students.
- HRC: Coming Home to Catholicism and the Self | A resource for creating more welcoming communities for LGBTQ+ Catholics.
- LGBT National Hotline | This organization provides LGBTQ+ peer support through hotlines, online chats, and other resources to connect the LGBTQ+ community.
- Campus Pride | A nonprofit working with student leaders and campus groups to create safer college environments for LGBTQ+ students.
- Out for Undergrad | Conferences to support high-achieving LGBTQ+ students in reaching their full potential.
- National LGBT Chamber of Commerce | Advocacy organization focusing on increasing economic opportunities for LGBTQ+ people and supporting LGBTQ+-led businesses.
- OUT for Work | Nonprofit dedicated to educating, preparing, and empowering LGBT college students for the transition from academia to the workplace. OUT for Work also administers a Career Center Certification Program designed to assess the quality, quantity, and availability of career resource materials for LGBT students. The Marquette University Career Services Center is ranked at the Silver Level which allow students at Marquette access to the OUT for Work Career Center Library.
- LGBTQ Seniors: Aging, Healthcare, and Housing | These helpful resources for LGBTQ+ seniors offer ways to live a happier and healthier life and showcase organizations that help with housing, finances, health care, and more.