The Navy offers a number of scholarship and non-scholarship Navy and Marine Corps programs to Marquette University, Milwaukee School of Engineering, and University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee undergraduates. Scholarships may include four, three, or two years of tuition as well as a book and subsistence stipend.
College Program - Apply
College students with 30 or more semester hours, or students who applied for, but were not awarded a 4 year scholarship, may be eligible to join the Marquette NROTC battalion as a College Program Student. College Program Students do not receive the financial benefits of a 4 year scholarship awardee, but may join the company to pursue a commission as a Naval Officer. College Program Students are fully integrated in the company and may be eligible to compete for various other NROTC Scholarships. The goal of the College Program is to help qualified Midshipmen earn a 3, or 2-year scholarship, or Advanced Standing.
All applicants must meet the basic requirements for the program. These requirements are summarized below:
- Applicant must be admitted to or be a current student at Marquette University, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, or the Milwaukee School of Engineering.
- Applicant must be an American citizen or be in process of becoming a naturalized American citizen.
- Applicant must not be older than 27 years old by December 31st of year in which graduation and commissioning is anticipated.
- Applicants already in college must be in their Freshman year.
- Applicant must meet the Navy height and weight standards and must be able to be physically qualified for admittance into the armed forces.
- Must pass the Navy Physical Fitness Test.
Contact us to learn more, and begin your application.
*Note: Incoming College Program students must submit all required application forms no later than July 31st if they wish to participate in the NROTC program during the Fall semester.
NROTC National Scholarship - Apply
The National Scholarship is a nationally awarded Four Year NROTC Scholarship. Four Year Scholarship Program Benefits include:
- 100% tuition and required fees
- $750/year for book stipend
- $250/month stipend for ten months as a freshman; increases $50 per year
- Midshipmen pay during summer training periods (normally 4 weeks)
Navy Option - The Navy is preparing our officer corps to meet the unique and ever-changing challenges of the future. In structuring our academic programs to meet these challenges, undergraduate academic majors for NROTC Navy option midshipmen are divided into three categories, or tiers:
- Tier 1 – Engineering programs of Navy interest
- Tier 2 – Other engineering, math and science programs
- Tier 3 – Foreign language and remaining academic programs
In order to keep pace in this high tech and diverse environment, approximately 85% of Navy Option NROTC scholarships offers will be awarded to students interested in completing a Tier 1 or Tier 2 academic major. Students interested in pursuing Tier 3 academic majors (all other academic majors not listed in Tier 1 or Tier 2) are encouraged to examine the opportunities available in the Navy’s Language Skills, Regional Expertise, and Cultural Awareness (LREC) Program. For more information on the tier system and LREC program, please click here.
Nurse Option - For more information about the Navy Nursing Option scholarship, please click here.
Marine Option - Marine Corps option scholarships are not tied to a Tier.
Any student in their sophomore year of college desiring a two year scholarship should contact the Marquette NROTC unit.
If you plan to list Marquette, MSOE or UWM as one of your scholarship institutions, or if you have already received the scholarship and are applying to Marquette, please contact us.