Roomers: October 2018
Your Source for Inside Information About the Residence Halls
Sign up for HALLoween!
If you’re missing out on trick or treating, don’t fret- HALLoween is approaching! On Wednesday, October 31st from 3:00-7:00 PM, kids from the Milwaukee community will be coming through the residence halls to trick or treat. We are recruiting for volunteers, so if you would like to help hand out candy, you can sign up here: https://bit.ly/2xQlffo. If you are signing up to be a gHost, the deadline is Friday, October 19th, but sign up early, as slots may fill before then!
If you are unable to hand out candy, we encourage you to help decorate your floor to help the kids into the Halloween spirit!
WiFi not Working?
If you are having issues with wifi in your room, see the information below for steps on how to address it from ITS.
Wireless Connectivity Issues- Steps to Take
- If students are having issues with wireless/wifi, we request they contact the Help Desk (414-288-7799, HelpDesk@marquette.edu, second floor of Cudahy 293 or online at https://www.marquette.edu/its/help); When there is a complaint, ITS contact thems immediately to address the situation.
- Installing personal routers creates interference with the regular MU wireless. While we don’t search for routers on the network, when we find a router in the res hall we will disable it. This is a violation of our acceptable use policy that says that students may not “Extend the network by introducing a hub, switch, router, wireless access point, or any other service or device that provides more than one device to the university network.”
- We recommend that students connect an Ethernet cable in their res hall rooms for better/faster connectivity, especially during peak times. The more students are accessing wireless at the same time the slower the connection will be (like the Interstate highway, the more cars, the slower the traffic).
- If one of your jacks is not activated they should contact the Help Desk to connect the jack. As a default we do not have all the jacks active because so many of them are not used.
Need access to the cable lineup or having issues getting your TV to connect to cable? See documents below for assistance.
RA Applications Available Soon!
Thinking about becoming an RA? RA Applications for 2019-2020 will be available on October 31st. You can visit our website on 10/31 for more information.
University Apartment Selection Process
The University Apartments will begin the selection process for 2019-2020 leases. Eligible students include those two years removed from high school graduation by Fall 2019 or students ages 21 or older. A $300 deposit must be submitted by check or money order to Campus Town East 109 between October 15-26.
For details on the process and the full selection timeline, please visit www.marquette.edu/apartments. If looking for non-University-owned housing, please consider visiting www.marquette.edu/offcampus for information and resources regarding the neighborhood.
Closed Visitation Weekend Reminders
The below weekends are closed visitation weekends. Please contact your Hall Director if you have additional questions.
- Fall Break (Wednesday, October 17th – Sunday, October 21st)
- Halloween Weekend (Friday, October 26th- Sunday, October 28th)
- Thanksgiving Break (Wednesday, November 21st – Sunday, November 25th)
- Fall Semester Finals Week (Friday, December 7th – Saturday, December 15th)
- Spring Hall Opening (Saturday, January 12th – Monday, January 14th)
- National Marquette Day Weekend (Friday, February 8th- Sunday, February 10th)
- Easter Break (Wednesday, April 17th – Monday, April 22nd)
- Spring Semester Finals Week (Friday, May 3rd – Saturday, May 11th)
Office of Residence Life
Carpenter Tower, 203
Phone: (414) 288-7208
Visit the Office of Residence Life website for more news and information for students living in the residence halls.