915 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Straz Tower is a residence hall on the East side of campus which houses both first and second year students. It is co-ed by door. The building consists of single, double, and quad room-types and has 24/7 Security. The building has private bathrooms in each room. Staff in the building include a Residence Hall Director, Hall Minister, 16 Residence Assistants, and a Facilities Manager. Straz Tower is also home to both the Nuestro Hogar and Honors Living Learning Communities.
Straz Tower was previously the central branch of YMCA Milwaukee. Marquette started leasing space in the YMCA in 1974 and purchased the building in 1993. It was previously known on campus as East Hall but was renovated in 2000 and named for Marquette business alumnus David A. Straz, Jr. He was chairman of Southern Exchange Bank and sole shareholder of Charter Banking Corp., and a past member of Marquette's Board of Trustees.
- Full-time Residence Hall Director
- One student Facilities Manager
- Sixteen Resident Assistants
- Hall Minister
- Singles, Doubles, and Quads
- Co-ed by door
- Private bathrooms
- Desk chair
- Twin XL bed
- 3 drawer dresser
- One closet bar per student (wardrobe or closet)
- 2 trash cans (recycle and trash) per room
- Furniture can be lofted and ladders are available by request (first-come, first-serve).
- A Computer Lab
- Game Room with pool and foosball tables
- Piano Room
- Laundry Room
- Multiple Study Spaces (Including Common Lounges, an MPR, and a Classroom)
- Mail Room
- Change Machine
- Vending Machine
- Wi-Fi and Cable
- Dining Hall
Room Types Available