2019-2020 Apartment Selection Process
Welcome to the Apartments Selection Process for 2019-2020!
The primary process for Apartment Selection for 2019-2020 is now complete.
There are still apartments available for the 2019-2020 leasing period. To apply to the waiting list, please visit the Campus Living Portal on Checkmarq.
- Once in Checkmarq, select the Housing tab under quick links, and click on “Access Campus Living.” This will open the Campus Living website in a new window. Under the Apartment Selection heading, click on the waiting list link. Students may submit applications for any building-apartment types that they are interested in.
Housing Deposit Collection (Oct. 15 – Oct. 26)
- $300 Housing Deposit Collection – any student interested in living in the University Apartments for the 2018-19 academic year must pay a housing deposit before selecting an apartment.
To pay a deposit –
- Using a credit/debit card or e-check: You may pay online through the Campus Living Portal on Checkmarq. Once in Checkmarq, select the Housing tab under quick links, and click on “Access Campus Living.” This will open the Campus Living website in a new window. Under the Apartment Selection heading, click on “Pay Deposit” and follow the subsequent steps.
- Using a check or money order: visit the University Apartments Office – 1500 W Wells, Campus Town East 109. We are open weekdays from 8am to 4:30pm. Checks can be made out to “Marquette University.” Please write both your name and MUID number on your check or money order.
- The 2019 Apartment Selection Guide is available here for download.
- Same Apartment Selection (Oct. 22 – Oct. 29) – Current residents may sign up for the same apartment they currently live in.
- Different Apartment Selection (Oct. 31) – Current residents may sign up for a different apartment in any building.
- Access Apartment Sign-Up Time (Nov. 2 – Nov. 5) – Students applying for the University Apartments who are not current apartment residents will be able to access the online sign-up system to view their assigned sign-up date and time.
- General Apartment Selection (Nov. 5) – For students new to the University Apartments, apartment selection using the online sign-up system will take place between 4 p.m. and 9 p.m. according to your assigned sign-up time.
- Prospective tenants who are unable to completely fill an apartment during their assigned selection time may choose any available individual bedspace in The Marq beginning at 9pm
Please remember some other important information:
- Every resident who plans to live in the University Apartments must pay a $300 Housing Deposit.
- Flexible length leases are not available at The Marq. Future leases at The Marq will run from June 2019 to May 2020.
- Deposits are non-refundable if you (or your roommates) book an apartment through the online system, or if you are offered an apartment through the waiting list or by the University Apartments Office staff.
- Housing Deposits are only refundable if you do not book by any means.
- Even if you do not choose to live in the University Apartments, the deposit is locked in and is non-refundable at the moment you complete or are offered an apartment booking.
- Refunds requests must be completed in person at the University Apartments office, and are offered through the final business day of the following June.
- By submitting your deposit to our office you acknowledge and accept these policies regarding the housing deposit.
- The Housing Deposit does not guarantee an available apartment. It gives you an equal chance to select a University Apartment as anyone else who submits a deposit.
- After you pay the housing deposit, you will receive an information packet on how to use the online system, along with resources and guides for selecting an apartment.
- There must be at least 1 person per bedroom when booking an apartment.
- If you do not have 1 person per bedroom and/or are planning to do random roommates at The Marq, you may book a single space in any available apartment at The Marq beginning on November 5th at 9pm.
- Swapping rooms/roommates is not allowed. The person booking the apartment must remain in that space; if they choose to move to another apartment, their former space will be distributed to a waiting list applicant.
- You must be enrolled as a full-time Marquette student for the 2019-2020 academic year, and must have fulfilled your on-campus residency requirements prior to that time.
- The Apartment Selection Process is for students planning to rent for, at the very minimum, the Fall 2019 semester.
If you have any questions on the 2019-2020 University Apartment Selection Process, please feel free to contact us!