What is it?
Peer Wellness Coaching is a free service offered by the Marquette University Medical Clinic and the Wellness Peer Educators. During Peer Wellness Coaching sessions, students will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with a trained peer educator to talk about overall health and wellness. Students will work with their coach to set wellness-related goals and action plans to reach these goals. Peer Wellness Coaches will be guides in reaching these goals along with aiding as a form of accountability. Personality and character strengths will be one of the main focuses of coaching. This program is designed to assist students in being able to live their best lives and thrive while at Marquette and beyond.
Students participating in Wellness Coaching will:
- Be able to recognize the eight dimensions of wellness and how the dimensions apply to their lives.
- Be able to articulate what their top character strengths are and how they can use them to reach goals.
- Learn how to set effective SMART goals.
- Be able to articulate the resources available to students on Marquette’s campus that can assist with overall wellness.
- Be able to articulate basic strategies to create a healthier and more well lifestyle while on campus at Marquette.
If you are interested in Peer Wellness Coaching, please complete the Request Form