The Department of Campus Safety's Support Services keeps our operations running smoothly. The team maintains MUPD's squad cars and Campus Safety vehicles and provides EagleExpress transports from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Campus Safety team is always looking for new applicants. To inquire about employment positions within Campus Safety, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or view the online employment application.
Support Services responsibilities include:
- Doing weekly fluid and oil checks on all department vehicles
- Performing interior cleaning and exterior washing on all department vehicles
- Taking department vehicles to service locations for maintenance and repair
- Providing pre-arranged special and medical transports for Marquette affiliates from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Providing transports to and from the Amtrak station every Friday on the hour starting at 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Become a Part of the Support Team
- Your contribution can help Campus Safety run smoothly and keep our campus safe.
- Support Services offers great flexibility during daytime hours. Shifts are shorter and are scheduled around your classes to work with you as much as possible.
- No previous experience is required for this position. All the knowledge you need is provided through on-the-job training. A valid driver's license is required for the occasional driving you will do.
- Your role on the team is crucial to helping MUPD stay on patrol and to supporting our nightly EagleExpress operations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What times do Support Services employees work?
Support Services is a daytime operation that runs from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Shifts are shorter and are scheduled around your classes to work with you as much as possible.
Do I need previous experience for this job?
No previous experience is required for this position. All the knowledge you need is provided through on-the-job training. A valid driver's license is required for the occasional driving you will do.
Will I get to work on MUPD squad cars too?
Yes! Support Services maintains all MUPD and Campus Safety vehicles.
How extensive is the maintenance performed on these vehicles?
Long and complex maintenance or repairs is not performed in-house and is handled by many different vendors across the Milwaukee area. Simple maintenance and repairs are completed by Support Services employees.
Is Support Services right for me?
If you prefer working daytime hours and want to help keep one of Marquette's most vital programs running smoothly and safely, then Support Services is for you!