IWL is recruiting to fill two openings in its leadership team:
- IWL Co-Director - This role is filled by a tenured faculty member from Marquette University. Review of applicants will begin in May 2021, and will continue until the position is filled. For more details, including how to apply, please read this announcement: IWL Co-Director.
- WIN Coordinator - This role heads programming and support of IWL's Women's Innovation Network for Marquette, working as part of the IWL leadership team and directly with students out of Marquette's 707 Hub. For more information and details on the application process, please review this WIN Coordinator announcement, and/or visit the job posting: WIN Coordinator.
Watch Beyond MU: Lifelong Learning—"When 'Safer-at-Home' is Not Actually Safe: Supporting Intimate Partner Violence Survivors during Quarantine" HERE!
IWL's First White Paper
Released on Monday, March 8th, 2021, in alignment with International Women's Day, the Institute of Women's Leadership shares part one of its Law Firm Equity Initiative with its report on the state of gender equity in Milwaukee law firms.
IWL Law Firm Equity Initiative
To kick off Women's History Month IWL shares downloadable Teams backgrounds so you can celebrate and promote Women's History Month with every call! Click below to download.
Not sure how to implement them in Teams or Zoom? Check out Marquette's information page for background filters Teams or Zoom's Help Center.
Watch IWL's Latest Spotlight on Research Here!
IWL Pay Equity Series Wraps
IWL's Pay Equity Series featured scholars whose background equips them to educate on the variety of issues that are at play within discussions on pay equity. Click here to watch playback of the series!
Mission and Vision
The mission of the Institute for Women’s Leadership at Marquette University is to advance women’s leadership locally and globally through pioneering research, innovative programming, and collaborative engagement.
Our vision is one of intersectional inclusivity and gender equity. As advocates for justice, we will engage, inspire, and transform students, staff, faculty, and community leaders as we:
- Create an interdisciplinary and vibrant research environment that equitably and inclusively supports faculty and students as they engage in impactful, transformative scholarship.
- Serve as an incubator for innovative leadership initiatives that challenge the barriers to the advancement of women, while embracing intersectionality, as we seek to reduce inequities across institutional structures.
- Cultivate community connections through mentoring and leadership programming that reaches down to high school students, out to university students and faculty, and up to external stakeholders including corporations, nonprofits, and community associations.
Thank you for joining us this semester! We're taking the summer to continue to plan more events that support IWL's mission and values. Stay tuned this summer for cross promotional events. Have a great summer!