Professor/Associate Dean for Research
Department of Biomedical Sciences
Dr. Choi received her Ph.D. from the University of Rochester, Rochester, NY in 1995. Afterwards, she was a postdoctoral fellow at the University of California San Francisco. In 1999, she joined the faculty in the psychiatry department at the University of Pittsburgh Medical School and then joined the faculty at Marquette University in October of 2007.
- B.S. 1989, University of Michigan
- Ph.D. 1995, University of Rochester
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of California San Francisco
- BISC 4140/5140: Functional Neuroanatomy, Course Director
- BISC 4155/5155: Diseases of the Brain, Co-Director
- BIOL 8955: Career Prep: Beyond the Bench, Co-Director
Research in the Choi Lab
Dr. Choi’s research investigates the central mechanisms of feeding behavior, body weight regulation and metabolism. Our lab examines how the brain alters hunger, food intake, and subsequently body weight. The results of our studies will provide a broader picture of how organisms regulate and maintain their energy balance and respond to the external environment. In addition, they will add to the basic foundation towards understanding health problems such as obesity, eating disorders, metabolic disorders, and depression and contribute to the development of more effective therapeutic strategies.
Dr. Choi's research page