ESL Self Help Handouts
Are you interested in improving your English language skills on your own? If you are, please feel free to use the self-help handouts below. These handouts were written by the ESLP faculty at Marquette to assist you with improving your language skills.
To access the handouts, just click on the links below and download the documents.
- General Guidelines to Achieve Academic Success
- General Tips for Writing Academic Papers
- Strategies for Correcting Grammar and Wording Errors in Your English Papers
- General Reading Tips
- General Listening and Speaking Tips
- Tips for Giving a Presentation in English for ESL Students
- Communicating Effectively with Your International TA
- Communicating Effectively with Your Students (for International TAs)