Physician Assistant Program Application
Becoming a physician assistant requires academic rigor and exacting skills. Our program seeks applicants with excellent academic backgrounds, along with strong interpersonal skills and maturity. Prior health care experience is also an indicator of a career commitment to clinical practice. The admission process considers each applicant's strengths and selects those best qualified to meet our program's mission.
MU PA Application Checklist
All electronic application materials must be received by CASPA no later than August 1 of each year.
- Submission of a completed application to the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) at www.caspaonline.org
- Three letters of reference.
- $70 MU Supplemental Application fee (non-refundable) submitted online or mailed to the address below. Applications completed and verified by CASPA will not be reviewed without the supplemental application fee.
Checks and money orders for the application fee should be made payable to Marquette University, Physician Assistant Studies and mailed to:
No updates can be submitted following the submission of the CASPA application. Applicants must apply to CASPA the same year they are seeking admission. The PA program does not accept any deferments.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.000 or greater as calculated by the centralized application system (CASPA).
- Academic preparation including total and science grade point averages and science quality points (an assessment of quantity and performance in science coursework)
- Motivation, maturity, ability to work with people and suitability for clinical practice
- Minimum of 200 hours of patient contact and other health care experience. All hours must be submitted and documented on the CASPA application. Additional hours after submission will not be counted toward the total. (Note: health care shadowing does not count toward this requirement)
- Knowledge of the PA profession and its role in the health care system
- GRE for graduate applicants and seniors is optional. Applicants choosing to submit a GRE should send it to Marquette Physician Assistant Studies program code 5872.
- Letters of recommendation
- CASPer situational judgement test
- Personal interviews
The program currently admits 75 students per class consisting of a target class makeup of 25 +/- 5 being Marquette undergraduate students.
Immunization Requirements: The Physician Assistant program requires that students have health screening and immunizations according to current CDC recommendations for health professionals by the time they begin the program.
*Note: We do not accept transfer of students from other Physician Assistant programs for advanced standing. These students must also meet all the admission requirements and complete the entire physician assistant curriculum if accepted. There are no opportunities for advanced placement.