On Your Marq seeks to support neurodivergent students throughout their time at Marquette University using an interdisciplinary approach to foster the development of the whole student, and the inclusivity of Marquette University at large.
Our mission, therefore, echoes Marquette University’s mission in the discovery and sharing of knowledge, the fostering of personal and professional excellence, and the development of leadership expressed in service to others. All of this culminates with the goal of gainful and meaningful employment in the students’ desired field.
Expand all | Collapse all
Students admitted to Marquette University with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Pervasive Development Disorder(PDD), or Social Pragmatic Communication Disorder, ADHD, and all other forms of neurodivergence
On Your Marq (OYM) is a college success program designed to assist neurodivergent students in navigating the college landscape at Marquette University. Utilizing an interdisciplinary approach, we work together to build the support team students need to thrive at Marquette. Everyone on the student's team receives training on the best practices for working with neurodivergent students. Formal and informal supports available to aid students in the development of academic, social, and independent living skills include:
- weekly seminars
- one-on-one coaching
- peer mentors
- mental health support
- OYM specific tutoring
The first two years of the program focus on the student’s transition to the rigors of academia. In the second two years of the program, On Your Marq works with students to identify strengths and skills to transfer to their career and life after college.
- Academic: Time management, study skills, academic and career planning, organization, interviewing skills
- Social: Communication skills, relationship development, social events
- Independent living: Self-care, dorm life, self-advocacy, stress reduction
- Mental Health Support: Students may utilize in program counselors in training, supervised by the director who is fully licensed.
The cost of this program is $3,000 per semester, which assists in offsetting the costs of individualized support, materials for the weekly seminar, and specialized training of faculty and staff. If the program fee is a limiting factor in the participation of On Your Marq, please reach out to us to discuss funding options.
Having the qualities/skills listed below are strong indicators for success in our program. Please take these into consideration as you participate in the application process.
- Academically prepared for the rigor of Marquette University
- Able to set and wake up to alarms independently
- Able to manage taking and refilling medication independently
- Able to adapt to expected schedule changes
- Able to apply self-regulation strategies in a variety of settings
- Able to accept and apply feedback with support
- Able to maintain personal hygiene routine independently
- Able to receive and respond to communication (electronic and in person) from Faculty and Staff in a timely manner.
- Commit to follow the On Your Marq program agreement