Welcome to Marquette University’s Department of English!
Department News and Events
- 3 undergraduate majors: Literature, Writing-Intensive English, and English Language Arts
- 4 undergraduate minors: Literature, Writing-Intensive English, Creative Writing, and Literature of Diverse Cultures
- M.A. in British, American and other Anglophone literatures
- Ph.D. in British, American and other Anglophone literatures
The English Department proudly welcomes Dr. Tosin Gbogi and Dr. Samantha Majhor, who joined the faculty in Fall 2019.
Check out our Faculty News to see our faculty's latest publications, presentations, activities, and awards.
- Many faculty and students from the English Department participated in the Celebration of Research Poster Session hosted by the Klingler College of Arts and Sciences on November 4, 2019.
Faculty and student awards and accomplishments.
New books by English faculty.
Prospective students and majors: Check out this video of the Department's collaborative poem, "Join Us"!
Check out the Department's reading and viewing recommendations to help you get through the pandemic.
More reading recommendations: poems and poets that provide solace and hope.
Check out our Fall 2020 courses, including ESSV, Writing-Intensive and Discovery-Tier courses.
Submit your work for an Undergraduate Writing Award! - **New Deadline: Wed., April 8, 5 pm**
Liminal Existences and Migrant Resistances Conference: March 20-21, 2020 **Postponed**
English Department "March Madness" Event: Wednesday, March 25, 4-6 p.m., Marquette Hall 105 **Postponed**
Larry Watson Celebration: Tuesday, April 7, 12:30-2 p.m. **Postponed**
Shakesepare/FAME event: Wednesday, April 15, 5 p.m. **Postponed**
Marquette Undergraduate Humanities Conference: Saturday, April 18 **Postponed**
Department Party: Wednesday, April 29, 4 p.m.
See the full university calendar.
Read recent publications, including books and journals, by Marquette English Professors.
Internships, jobs and alumni destinations.
The Spring 2019 issue of the Marquette Literary Review is now available.