Welcome to Marquette University’s Department of English!
Department News and Events
- 3 undergraduate majors: Literature, Writing-Intensive English, and English Language Arts
- 4 undergraduate minors: Literature, Writing-Intensive English, Creative Writing, and Literature of Diverse Cultures
- M.A. in British, American and other Anglophone literatures
- Ph.D. in British, American and other Anglophone literatures
Check out our Faculty News to see our faculty's latest publications, presentations, activities, and awards.
- Many faculty and students from the English Department participated in the Celebration of Research Poster Session hosted by the Klingler College of Arts and Sciences on November 4, 2019.
Faculty and student awards and accomplishments.
New books by English faculty.
Prospective students and majors: Check out this video of the Department's collaborative poem, "Join Us"!
Submit your work for publication in the Spring 2021 issue of the Marquette Literary Review! The deadline is Tuesday, March 16.
Check out our Spring 2021 courses, including ESSV, Writing-Intensive and Discovery-Tier courses.
Check out the Department's reading and viewing recommendations to help you get through the pandemic.
More reading recommendations: poems and poets that provide solace and hope, along with faculty reflections.
Read "Poems from a Pandemic Spring," authored by students in Dr. Sorby's Spring 2020 Poetry Workshop.
Liminal Existences and Migrant Resistances Conference: March 24-27, 2021. Sponsored by the Center for Transnational Justice and the Department of English. The conference is open to all students, faculty, and community members; feel free to access the panel links in the online program. For more information or to be added to the list of attendees, contact Ibtisam Abujad.
Trivia Night: Friday, March 26, 4-5:15 p.m. Email Melissa Ganz for the meeting link.
Read recent publications, including books and journals, by Marquette English Professors.
The diverse career paths open to English majors.
Check out the most recent issue of the Marquette Literary Review.