Welcome to Marquette University’s Department of English!
Department News and Events
- Declare your Major or Minor
- 3 undergraduate major concentrations: Literature, Writing-Intensive English, and Language Arts
- 4 undergraduate minors: Literature, Writing-Intensive English, Creative Writing, and Literature of Diverse Cultures
- M.A. in British, American, and Global Anglophone Literatures
- Ph.D. in British, American, and Global Anglophone Literatures
- The English Department is delighted to welcome Dr. Amina Gautier as the 2023-24 AMUW Women's Chair in Humanistic Studies. Dr. Gautier, who is an associate professor of English at the University of Miami and is a widely published scholar and writer, will teach an advanced fiction-writing workshop this coming year.
Check out our Faculty News to see our faculty's latest publications, presentations, activities, and awards.
- Many faculty and students from the English Department participated in the Celebration of Research Poster Session hosted by the Klingler College of Arts and Sciences on November 4, 2019.
Check out the Department's reading and viewing recommendations.
More reading recommendations: poems and poets that provide solace and hope, along with faculty reflections.
Read "Poems from a Pandemic Spring," authored by students in Dr. Sorby's Spring 2020 Poetry Workshop.
Learn about the research interests and publications of Marquette English faculty members.
Learn about the diverse career paths open to English majors.