Housing Accommodation Request

Special requests for housing based on health, medical or mobility issues will be reviewed by the Office of Residence Life (ORL) and based upon the type of request and the spaces available, ORL will work to meet the documented need for housing accommodations within the residence halls.

In some cases, students may need to choose between their preferences for roommates or room type and the documented special request in order to for ORL to make the best housing placement possible. In some cases, students may be placed on a wait list for rooms that meet their need and preference.

In order to request special housing due to health, medical or mobility issues, please follow the procedure described below.

Special Housing Requests Procedure

  • Complete the Special Housing Request form.
  • Attach to the completed Special Housing Request form your physician's verification of your need for consideration for special housing (verification must come from a licensed professional and describe how the medical or other issue necessitates consideration for special housing).
  • Submit the medical verification and Special Housing Request form to:

    Marquette University Special Housing Requests
    C/O Office of Disability Services
    PO Box 1881
    Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881

Upon receipt of this information, the Office of Residence Life will determine what arrangements would be appropriate  to meet the student's needs based on availability, and if necessary, will work to provide reasonable alternatives if the student's specific request cannot be met.

Submission of the Special Housing Request form and supporting documentation DOES NOT guarantee a specific request will be granted, but rather, will assist in evaluating potential special arrangements.

Special Housing Request Timeline

In order to receive full consideration for an accommodation, students should submit their request before the general housing selection process occurs. The timeline for incoming and current students is outlined below:

Incoming Students: Submit request and documentation by May 1.

Current Students: Submit request and documentation by March 15.

Disability Services and Housing Placements

Students are not required to register with the disability services office in order to request special housing consideration. However, if students would like to seek services for their disability, please go to the Office of Disability Services website.


If you have any questions about the housing placement process, please contact Sean Berthold at sean.berthold@marquette.edu.