Student Organization Renewal
Annual Spring Renewal
Part of maintaining active status as a recognized student organization on campus is a yearly renewal process in which your organization does the following:
- Updates its online information in Presence, including organization officers list on the roster and faculty/staff advisor when required.
- Submits an updated constitution.
- Fulfills requirements for continued recognition.
Please read through the information below thoroughly as it outlines the process for the three steps noted above.
Expand all | Collapse all
STEP 3: Requirements to maintain recognized status
- Life Savers Suicide Prevention Training
Marquette prioritizes cura personalis. Students’ mental health is part of caring for our community, and as student leaders, you all bear responsibility for contributing to a caring community. Thus, we are asking the president of each org to attend a 90-minute Life Savers training this spring. Multiple dates will be offered, and you will have the opportunity to sign up for one of the available dates. Information will be emailed to org presidents.
- Ongoing Leadership Development
Leadership is one of the pillars of Marquette. Leadership, in an Ignatian sense, encompasses being a contemplative in action—that is a reflective and active leader who is part of the community. As student leaders we want to invest in your formation and are thus requiring the president or another officer on the roster to attend a minimum of THREE Leadership development opportunities in fall 2023. Options will include:
- Olson Leadership Institute (Oct. 7, 2023)
- Implicit Bias Training (dates TBD)
- Safer Spaces Training (dates TBD)
- Title IX (dates TBD)
- Social Justice Education Workshops (dates TBD)
- Identity 101
- Identity 201
- Difficult dialogues
- Stereotypes and Biases
- Maintaining your Student Org 101 series (dates TBD)
- Running a meeting
- Planning events
- Marketing and publicity
- And others added throughout the year.
We will list out all options and logistics of the training sessions as they solidify on our student organizations training page.