Welcome to the Alumni Memorial Union Event Services website.
Our intention is to provide a central location for resources related to planning and executing successful events on Marquette University's campus.
AMU Event Services collaborates with several campus offices, including Sodexo Dining Services/Catering, Facilities Planning and Management, Office of Engagement & Inclusion, Office of the Registrar, Parking Services and University Special Events. Each of these contributors plays an active role in events that take place on campus.
From internal meetings to seated dinners, this site offers the resources, information and guidance needed to create a high-quality experience for any audience.
COVID-19 Guidelines and Recommendations for Events held in Marquette University Facilities
The Alumni Memorial Union staff is committed to providing a safe environment for our students, faculty, staff and guests during the COVID-19 pandemic. University leaders are meeting regularly to monitor the spread of COVID-19, and the university will follow state and local health guidelines. As these guidelines evolve, reservations may be modified.
Phase 4 of the Marquette University Recovery Plan incudes that events held indoor or outdoors can not exceed 50 guests. The Plan also limits external visitors to the campus.
Use of campus facilities for events, as well as off-campus sponsored events, will need to be approved by the campus COVID Recovery team before the event can occur as outlined on the Campus Event Approval Policy for the 2020-21 Academic Year.
Whenever possible, campus meetings and events are encouraged to be held virtually to de-densify and mitigate the risk of transmission on campus.
Meeting Expectations & Guidelines:
- Capacities have been adjusted in all AMU facilities to allow for appropriate distancing. Room set up options may be limited.
- Signage throughout the AMU will remind attendees to maintain physical distancing and to follow good hygiene practices.
- All in-person meeting organizers will be required to maintain a roster of individuals attending the event.
- During this time food and beverage offerings may be limited.
- When possible, avoid in-person registration
- Meeting organizers should email participants in advance with event guidelines provided by AMU Event Services.
- All guests to campus are required to follow personal preventive practices by:
- Wearing a face mask/covering
- Stay home when sick
- Maintain 6 feet of physical distance