Northwestern Mutual Data Science Institute Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science
Dr. Sabirat Rubya co-directs the Social and Ethical Computing Lab. Her research focuses on recommending and designing mobile health technologies for vulnerable populations that are at high risk of developing mental health disorders.
- COSC 3250: Operating Systems
- COSC 4931/5931: Topics: Social and Collaborative Computing
- COSC 6960: Seminar in Computer Science
- Human-computer interaction
- Social Computing
- Health Informatics
- Human-aided Machine Learning
- Haque, M. D., and Rubya, S. " For an App Supposed to Make Its Users Feel Better, It Sure is a Joke"--An Analysis of User Reviews of Mobile Mental Health Applications. Proceedings of the ACM on Human-Computer Interaction, CSCW (2022).
- Annapureddy, P., Franco, Z., Madiraju, P., Ahamed, S.I., Flower, M., Hossain, M.F., Haque, M.R., Johnson, N., Rubya, S., Baker, N.D. and Jain, N., 2021, December. Identifying Precursors to Long-Term Crisis in Veterans Using Associative Classifier. In 2021 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (Big Data) (pp. 4633-4642). IEEE.
- Rubya, Sabirat, Joseph Numainville, and Svetlana Yarosh. "Comparing Generic and Community-Situated Crowdsourcing for Data Validation in the Context of Recovery from Substance Use Disorders." Proceedings of the 2021 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. 2021.
- Levonian, Zachary, Drew Richard Erikson, Wenqi Luo, Saumik Narayanan, Sabirat Rubya, Prateek Vachher, Loren Terveen, and Svetlana Yarosh. "Bridging qualitative and quantitative methods for user modeling: Tracing cancer patient behavior in an online health community." In Proceedings of the International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media, vol. 14, pp. 405-416. 2020.
- Rubya, Sabirat, Xizi Wang, and Svetlana Yarosh. "HAIR: Towards developing a global self-updating peer support group meeting list using human-aided information retrieval." In Proceedings of the 2019 Conference on Human Information Interaction and Retrieval, pp. 83-92. 2019.
- Rubya, Sabirat, and Svetlana Yarosh. "Video-mediated peer support in an online community for recovery from substance use disorders." Proceedings of the 2017 ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing. 2017.