Research and Instructional Services Department
The Research & Instructional Services Department provides research assistance and instructional services to the Marquette community. An expert staff is available to suggest strategies and resources from our collection of print and online reference sources to address your research needs. A funding information center also provides information for the fund-seeking public and for those researching private foundations, grantmaking, and philanthropy.
Tours & Orientations
- Contact the Information Desk to schedule an appointment.
- Librarians prepare active learning sessions tailored to a specific assignment or topic based on the Framework for Information Literacy of the Association of College and Research Libraries. Research strategies, critical thinking skills and Print and online research sources are emphasized.
- Schedule an instruction session for your class.
- Assignments - Librarians collaborate with faculty to develop targeted research assignments and exercises linked to library resources.
- Curriculum Review - Librarians can advise on the effective integration of information literacy concepts into curricular planning.
- Online instruction - Librarians work with faculty to integrate library resources, services, and learning objects into online courses. For more information, please contact the Raynor Information Desk at (414) 288-7556
Funding Information Center
Tara Baillargeon, Head of Research and Instructional Services
Valerie Beech, Research & Instructional Services Librarian
Claire Dinkelman, Research & Instructional Services Librarian
Alissa Fial, Research & Instructional Services Librarian
Mary Frenn, Research & Instructional Services Librarian; Funding Information Center Librarian
Eric Kowalik, Instructional Designer
Leatha Miles-Edmonson, Research & Instructional Services Librarian
Kate Otto, Research & Instructional Services Librarian
Nia Schudson, Research & Instructional Services Librarian