Temporary Housing Upon Arrival

Please inform us of your plans to arrive in Milwaukee. If you need temporary housing in a Marquette residence hall before you move into your permanent room or Milwaukee apartment, temporary housing will be available from August 7-22.  Submit the Arrival information form before 12 noon CST (Milwaukee time) on August 14 so we can make this request. Requests received after this time cannot be accoomodated. 

Self-quarantine Housing Upon Arrival

The U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) no longer requires travelers to self-quarantine after arriving in the United States.  You can see the updated guidance here: CDC-After Travel Precautions.  Keep in mind the guidance to monitor your health after you travel.  You can contact the Marquette Medical Clinic if you experience any symptoms or feel ill after you arrive.

Permanent Housing During the Academic Year

Residence Hall on-campus: If you submitted an application for a university residence hall, you may move into your residence hall on you assigned date (this will likely be August 22 or August 23, 2020. (Please request Temporary Housing if you need a room before your assigned move-in date.) More information about living on-campus is available on the "Life at Marquette" webpage. And don’t forget to check out information about specialty housing options like the Engineering or the CommUNITY floors.

Exchange students: If you have been assigned to housing in Campus Town Apartments (Global Village), you may move into your assigned apartments on or after August 1, 2020. Self-quarantine can be completed in your assigned apartment.

Students living off-campus: Plan to arrive early enough to locate satisfactory accommodations and to complete any needed self-quarantine. (Please request Temporary Housing if you need a room before you can move into your  apartment.)The Office of University Apartments and Off-Campus Student Services can help you begin your search for an apartment. You may contact this office via email or visit the Off-Campus Student Services web page.

Undergraduate Residence Hall Policy

All new undergraduate students are required to live in a university residence hall during their first two years of study unless they are 21 years old or older, more than two years out of high school or living with their parents. If you wish to request a waiver of this policy, please contact OIE as soon as possible.

Students who desire a halal diet can request special arrangements with Marquette’s food service to provide a basic halal entrée/main course option to supplement the standard dining offerings already acceptable for halal. If you wish to request such arrangements, please send your request to OIE.