Resident Assistant Selection
Interested in The RA Position?
The Resident Assistant (RA) position is a premiere leadership position within the Office of Residence Life. The main function of the RA is to build relationships with residents in an effort to provide individualized support, campus resource information, and academic encouragement. The goal of the RA is to ensure that Marquette feels like home for residential students by building community within their respective wing or floor.
The ideal RA candidate is a current student who has community living experience, a minimum 2.50 GPA, and a desire to make an impact on the lives of his/her peers. Quality candidates will have a commitment to personal integrity, serving members of their peer group, and engaging in personal development.
To learn more, check out the following links about the RA position.
For questions, contact Tracy Gerth-Antoniewicz, Assistant Director of Residence Life Education, at email@example.com.
Note that the RA position could have an impact on your financial aid package. We encourage you to contact Marquette Central to discuss your specific aid package by either calling (414) 288-4000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resident Assistant (RA) 2022-2023 Application Process
All application materials are due Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 12:00 pm (noon) CST.
Follow the steps below to successfully complete your application:
- Attend the mandatory information session on Wednesday, September 29, 2021 from 7:30 to 9:00 pm in the Weasler Auditorium. You will be asked to show your COVID Cheq prior to entering and will be required to wear a mask.
- Completion of the information session will also allow us to contact you regarding updates on the selection process and helpful tips along the way.
If you missed the in person kick off event please watch this video for all of the information.
- Complete the Handshake Application- Located on the Office of Residence Life Handshake page.
- You will need a completed resume
- You will need a complete RA essay. The template for the essay, including questions, is available here: 2022-2023 RA Essay Template
- When you click the link, essay Word document will automatically download to your device
- Submit your asynchronous interview
- The link to the interview is here: https://bit.ly/2WkrdVh
- An asynchronous interview means that you will complete the interview questions as the system prompts you.
- You will be able to view each interview question in advance of answering. You are able to re-record each interview question up to five times.
- Send the recommendation form to your reference
- Only submit one reference
- The form is available here: https://bit.ly/3AO0Kyy
- Recommendations are due by December 22nd at noon.
Following the application process, applications, interviews, and recommendations will be reviewed and candidates moving forward will be invited to complete Group Process interviews on February 3rd or February 4th, 2022. More information about this will be sent to the Marquette emails for all applicants in January.
Throughout this process, please use this document to access resources, learn about the topics discussed in the application and interview, and access campus resources for support - Office of Residence Life Resource Guide on Applications, Interviews, and Recommendations.
Should you have any additional questions regarding the RA application, interview or role, please contact Tracy Gerth-Antoniewicz, Assistant Director of Residence Life Education, at email@example.com.