Resident Assistant Selection

Interested in The RA Position?

The Resident Assistant (RA) position is a premiere leadership position within the Office of Residence Life. The main function of the RA is to build relationships with residents in an effort to provide individualized support, campus resource information, and academic encouragement. The goal of the RA is to ensure that Marquette feels like home for residential students by building community within their respective wing or floor.

The ideal RA candidate is a current student who has community living experience, a minimum 2.50 GPA, and a desire to make an impact on the lives of his/her peers. Quality candidates will have a commitment to personal integrity, serving members of their peer group, and engaging in personal development.

To learn more, check out the following links about the RA position.

If you have additional questions regarding the RA position, please contact your Residence Hall Director.

Note that the RA position could have an impact on your financial aid package. We encourage you to contact Marquette Central to discuss your specific aid package by either calling (414) 288-4000 or emailing


Resident Assistant (RA) 2024-2025 Application Process

Follow the steps below to successfully complete your application:

    • You will need a completed résumé
    • You will need a complete RA essay. The template for the essay, including questions, is available here: 2024-2025 RA Essay Template
  • Schedule an Interview through Bookings
    • After the application closes, you will receive a message from Handshake with a link to a Booking site. Follow the link and schedule an interview.
    • All interviews will be held at Career Services, in Holthusen Hall on Marquette's campus.

Throughout this process, please use this document to access resources, learn about the topics discussed in the application and interview, and access campus resources for support - Office of Residence Life Resource Guide on Applications, Interviews, and Recommendations.

If you have additional questions regarding the RA position, please contact your Residence Hall Director.


New Employee Paperwork

If you have not worked for Marquette in the past calendar year, you will need to complete the I-9 form and have original documents to verify your eligibility for employment. Use the Student Employment Services website for more information on what forms are acceptable.