Resident Assistant Selection
Interested in The RA Position?
The Resident Assistant (RA) position is a premiere leadership position within the Office of Residence Life. The main function of the RA is to build relationships with residents in an effort to provide individualized support, campus resource information, and academic encouragement. The goal of the RA is to ensure that Marquette feels like home for residential students by building community within their respective wing or floor.
The ideal RA candidate is a current student who has community living experience, a minimum 2.50 GPA, and a desire to make an impact on the lives of his/her peers. Quality candidates will have a commitment to personal integrity, serving members of their peer group, and engaging in personal development.
To learn more, check out the following links about the RA position.
If you have additional questions regarding the RA position, please contact Renee Dowdy, Assistant Director of Staffing and Training.
Note that the RA position could have an impact on your financial aid package. We encourage you to contact Marquette Central to discuss your specific aid package by either calling (414) 288-4000 or emailing email@example.com.
Resident Assistant (RA) 2021-2022 Application Process
All application materials are due Friday, January 8th, 2021 at 8:00pm CST. Follow the steps below to successfully complete your application:
- View the mandatory information session prior to completing any parts of the application. There is a check-in survey at the end to be sure that you received all the information.
- The information session is available here: https://bit.ly/2021RAinfosession
- Completion of the information session will also allow us to contact you regarding updates on the selection process and helpful tips along the way.
- Complete the Handshake application here: https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/4208403/share_preview
- You will need a completed resume
- You will need a complete RA essay. The template for the essay, including questions, is available here: https://bit.ly/RA2021essay
- When you click the link, essay Word document will automatically download to your device
- Submit your asynchronous interview
- The link to the interview is here: https://start.myinterview.com/marquette-university/resident-assistant-1
- An asynchronous interview means that you will complete the interview questions as the system prompts you.
- You will be able to view each interview question in advance of answering. You are able to re-record each interview question up to five times.
- Send the recommendation form to your reference
- Only submit one reference
- The form is available here: https://bit.ly/MUraRef
- Recommendations are due by January 8th.
We will contact you if we are missing any materials from your application after January 11th. Due to the number of applicants, we are unable to promptly verify individual candidate materials.
Should you have any additional questions regarding the RA application, interview or role, please sign up for an individual Q&A session with an Office of Residence Life Staff member. Use this link to sign-up for a 15 minute meeting including your name, and email address. At your scheduled time, you will receive a Microsoft Teams call and will be able to ask any questions you have.
For questions, contact Renee Dowdy, Assistant Director of Staffing and Training at firstname.lastname@example.org.