If you wish to apply to be a facilitator for 2022 M.A.P., you should be aware of the following items:
- Your application includes a $100 non-refundable fee. The total cost for M.A.P. participation is $225 so you are receiving $125 stipend for this job of M.A.P. Facilitation and training. Methods of payment include cash, check, and Marquette Cash. If you are not chosen to be a facilitator, your money will be returned to you, or put into your M.A.P. Participant fee costs.
- You must have a passion and experience in working for justice locally, nationally, and/or globally.
- There is no drinking on these trips, even if you are of age and can legally do so. Drinking by some and not others divides the group and seems to suggest that the trips are more like vacation/spring break than Justice/Service.
- All M.A.P. facilitators (and participants) must remain in good disciplinary standing with the University until the scheduled M.A.P. trip. Specifically, students who have a student conduct violation that resulted in a probationary status extending into the program, will not be permitted to participate. Please know that a conduct check will occur twice, once upon acceptance and once prior to travel.
The role of the facilitator has three major parts:
- The first is to assist and guide a group of 4-12 students to ensure safety and encourage a positive and inclusive group dynamic.
- The second part is to organize logistics for your group in relation to your site and Marquette University.
- The third is to foster reflections that emphasize prayer, education around social justice, and responding to the call to serve.
Facilitators are expected to attend all mandatory training sessions, two large group M.A.P. Meetings and one post-trip meeting. Dates will be confirmed fall 2021.
Applications to be a Facilitator for M.A.P. 2022 open in August 2021.