- Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Occasional drop-in evening hours – see Handshake or drop-ins for more information
- Drop-in hours only take place during the academic year
- The university is closed the week of Independence Day and between Christmas and New Year’s Day. Please do confirm all-university closings here.
Whether you know your exact career path or are completely unsure of what you will do after graduation, the Career Services Center can assist you. Meeting with a Career Counselor can help you form educated decisions about your major choice and identify career possibilities through the process of getting to know yourself and the world of work. Career Counselors can also assist with resume and cover letter development, strategies for obtaining an internship or job, practice interviewing, salary negotiation, graduate school decision making and preparation, post-graduate services consideration, and other career concerns.
Appointments can be arranged by:
- Calling the Career Services Center: (414) 288-7423
- Stopping by the Career Services Center: Holthusen Hall, First Floor, 1324 W. Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53233 [map]
- Scheduling online utilizing: Handshake
Please note: Graduate School of Management students and College of Business Administration Alumni are served by the Business Career Center, (414) 288-7927.
What to Expect:
- A Career Counselor/Advisor will meet with you one-on-one in a welcoming environment
- Appointments are 50 minutes or less and focus on your individual career development needs
- Confidentiality: what you share during your appointment will be kept private
We do not expect you to have clear goals or decisions made, just come as you are. You may be overwhelmed by choosing a major, exploring your career options, or starting a job/ internship search. Your Career Counselor will work with you to develop and work towards your goals. This process may involve more than one appointment over the course of your time at Marquette; that's not uncommon. We look forward to working with you!
This helpful 10-15 minute meeting with a Career Intern is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Possible topics to discuss with a Career Intern include:
- Overview of the Career Services Center
- Brief resume or cover letter critique
- Brief practice interview
- Questions about Handshake
- LinkedIn Photo Booth headshots
Other topics may be best covered in an appointment with a Career Counselor.
- Drop-In Hours: Monday through Friday; Noon - 1:45 p.m.
See Handshake for additional details regarding Extended Drop-in Hours and Evening Drop-in Hours.
Summer Break | Winter Break
- Drop-in Hours: There are no drop-in hours scheduled during summer or winter break.
- The university is closed the week of Independence Day and Christmas Eve through New Year's Day. Please do confirm all-university closings here.
Please note: Non-Marquette University students and those who did not graduate from Marquette may find assistance through our Community Resources.