Employer Handshake Approval Policy
The Marquette University Career Services Center provides Handshake, an online career platform, as an exclusive service to Marquette University students and alumni, as well as employers seeking to hire Marquette students and alumni for job or internship positions.
Employers who have been granted access to Handshake at Marquette University have the ability to:
- Post jobs, internships and event
- Request and manage on campus interviews
- Connect directly to qualified Marquette students and alumni
- Access and manage employer account information
The following guidelines have been developed to further a mutually beneficial relationship for employers and for Marquette University students and alumni.
EMPLOYER GUIDELINES FOR USE
Marquette University adheres to the National Association of Colleges and Employers' (NACE) Principles for Professional Practice as well as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) guidelines. By creating an account on Handshake, the employer agrees to abide by NACE and EEOC standards as well as the guidelines set forth by Marquette University. Failure to abide by these standards and guidelines may result in discontinuation of access to Handshake.
The Marquette University Career Services Center adheres to these guidelines in order to ensure the quality of our services and reserves the right to modify these guidelines at any time. All decisions regarding services provided via Handshake are made at the sole discretion of the University, and the Marquette University Career Services Center reserves the right to remove any accounts and/or postings from Handshake at any time.
Employers must be in good standing with Marquette University. Complaints received by the Marquette University Career Services Center at any time regarding unethical work practices or treatment of students and/or alumni by an employer will result in discontinuation of access.
Employers that dump jobs in the system with no consideration for Marquette University Career Services Center's Postings Guidelines may be deactivated.
To be eligible for approval, employer accounts must be filled out completely including:
- Verifiable contact information including at least one point of contact within the organization
- A clear and complete company description
- An email address that matches the domain of the organization's website
- An active website
- An address
Employer accounts not eligible for approval include:
- Employers offering services in direct moral conflict with Marquette University's mission as a Catholic, Jesuit institution
- Employer profiles that contain spelling or grammatical errors or are otherwise unprofessional
- Employers that offer services that are illegal according to Wisconsin state and federal law
- Organizations that charge fees for participation or placement
- Organizations that primarily offer positions that are not in line with Marquette University Career Services Center's Posting Guidelines, including but not limited to:
- Graduate and Professional School Programs
- Teaching English Abroad Programs
- Nanny / Au Pair Agencies
- Temp Agencies
- Tutoring Firms
Employer accounts eligible on a case by case basis:
- Third Party Recruiting Firms provided they meet all guidelines outlined