Dr. Kim L. HalulaMarquette University
Schroeder Complex, 244MilwaukeeWI53201United States of America(414) email@example.com
Dr. Kim L. Halula received a bachelor's degree in zoology and a certificate in dental hygiene in 1978 from Ohio State University. She received a master's degree with an emphasis in education and administration from Ohio State University in 1979. In 1998, Halula earned a doctoral degree in educational policy and leadership from Marquette University.
From 1979-81, Dr. Halula taught in the dental hygiene program at the University of Cincinnati – Raymond Walters College. In 1981, she was appointed senior clinic supervisor in Marquette's Department of Dental Hygiene. In 1984, Halula was appointed director of the Department of Dental Hygiene, a position she held until the program's closing in 2004.
Halula has been active in national professional organizations, holding leadership positions in the American Dental Hygienists Association, the American Dental Education Association and the National Dental Hygiene Directors. For more than eight years, Halula was an allied consultant for the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation.
In 2000, Halula was appointed associate dean of the College of Health Sciences. She remained chair of the Department of Dental Hygiene and assumed increased responsibilities as associate dean when the dental hygiene program was phased out in May 2004. At various times, she has also served as interim chair of the Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology and the Department of Physician Assistant Studies.
In March 2007, Halula was selected to participate as a leadership fellow in the 2007 Association of Schools of Allied Health Programs Leadership Development Program. She has participated in a number of seminars as part of the Center for Management Research Program on Leadership for Senior Executives.
In May 2007, Halula was selected for membership on the National Conference on Race & Ethnicity in American Higher Education's National Advisory Committee. She served as the chair of the Faculty Subcommittee of the NCORE National Advisory Committee until 2011.
In October 2017, Halula was elected Vice President of the College of Health Deans (ASAHP).
Ph.D., Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1998
M.S., Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, 1979
B.S./Certificate in Dental Hygiene, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, 1978
- Vice President, College of Health Deans (ASAHP), 2017 to present
- Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions, 2004 to present
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity in Higher Education, 2007 to 2011
- National Advisory Committee (Recording Secretary and Chair), 2008 to 2011
- American Dental Education Association, 1981 to present
- Vice President-Council of Allied Dental Program Directors, 1995-1997
- Delegate for the Council of Allied Dental Program Directors, 1987-2000
- Executive Committee Member, 1995-1997
- Member, Standing Committee of National Dental Hygiene Directors, 1989-1997
- Chair, Standing Committee of National Dental Hygiene Directors, 1996-1997
Licensed Dental Hygienist, Wisconsin