Social and Cultural Sciences
Ph.D., 2008, University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
Research Methods; Sexual Offenses and Offenders; Juvenile Justice; Transformative Justice.
Sexual violence and trauma; Law and society; Narrative/discourse analysis; Legal subjectivity; Victimization; Sex, gender, and social control.
Crisis intervention, education, and rape crisis advocacy; Research consultant; Expert witness.
- 2019. “Regulating Bodies: Children and Sexual Violence.” Violence Against Women,25(6): 1956-1979.
- 2018. “That’s How She Talks”: Animating Text Message Evidence in the Sexual Assault Trial.” Law & Society Review,52(2): 401-435 (with Sameena Mulla)
- 2017. “Speaking of Stigma and the Silence of Shame: Young Men and Sexual Victimization.” Men and Masculinities, 20(4): 482-505.
- 2017. “Intersectionality and Credibility in Child Sexual Assault Trials.” Gender & Society,31(4): 457-480 (with Amber Powell and Sameena Mulla).
- 2014. “Normalizing Sexual Violence: Young Women Account for Harassment and Abuse.” Gender & Society, 28:337-358.
- 2013. “Legal Subjectivity among Youth Victims of Sexual Abuse.” Law & Social Inquiry, 39:31-61.
- Marquette Legal Education and Research Network (MLEARN)