Multidisciplinary Internship Program
"One of the most beneficial experiences I've had at Marquette was my internship. It gave me a chance to relate what I learned in class, and be able to see it applied in the real world setting. My internship experience inspired me to continue my education towards a Master's in Social Work." ~ Kate Kriloff, BA in Social and Cultural Sciences
What is the Multidisciplinary Internship Program?
Students with majors in the Department of Social and Cultural Science are able to participate in academic, community based internships, and receive credit in their respective major. These internships provide the linkage between the academic course content and real world application. They prepare the student to be competitive in the job market, and informed when entering graduate programs with a world view perspective on their chosen field.
Meet Our Students
See videos of our students talking about their internship experiences.
Popular Internship Placements
- The Milwaukee Public Museum
- The Chudnow Museum
- The Milwaukee Historical Society
- Milwaukee Police Department
- West Allis Police Department
- Office of the State Public Defender
- Milwaukee Justice Center
- AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin
- Journey House
- International Institute of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Center for Independence
Submit your application the semester before you wish to participate in the internship as a senior. Apply Now.
For Agency Supervisors
- Agency midterm evaluation of the student
- Agency final evaluation of the student
- Agency evaluation of multidisciplinary internship