Nominating and Election Process
Nominations for representatives:
The University Staff Senate is composed of 16 representatives and represents Marquette University employees whose primary designation is staff. Members are elected by all staff from either the academic or administrative area* of the university as follows:
- Any full-time or regular part-time employee whose primary designation is staff (rather than faculty or student), who has been employed by Marquette University for at least one year as of May of the election year and who is not represented by a collective bargaining unit may be elected to the University Staff Senate.
- Representatives shall be elected to the University Staff Senate for a term of three years. Members may be re-elected without limit.
- Nominees must have two separate nominations to be placed on the ballot.
- Before any name is placed on the ballot, University Staff Senate will verify eligibility of the employee and obtain the person’s consent to have his/her name placed on the ballot. Nominated staff who accept will be asked to submit a biographical statement.
Nominations for the 2023-2024 academic year are now closed.
Staff-Representing UAS Senator Election
The USS Nominations and Elections Committee will oversee the regular nomination and election of a staff-representing University Academic Senate (UAS) senator. This senator will be an elected member of UAS with voting privileges. This Senator does not need to be an elected University Staff Senate (USS) member in order to qualify, though the individual does need to fall within the Provost’s reporting line.
In the event that the staff-representing UAS senator changes roles and no longer reports up through the Provost, leaves the institution, or resigns this post, the USS will refer to its standard procedures for filling a vacancy.
Spring 2023 elections open on June 19.
Academic or Administrative: Who's Who
Expand all | Collapse all
*Academic Area Representatives
- Klingler College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business Administration
- Diederich College of Communication
- School of Dentistry
- College of Education
- Opus College of Engineering
- Graduate School
- College of Health Sciences
- Law School
- College of Nursing
and the Offices of:
- Academic Affairs
- Career Services
- Disability Services
- Educational Opportunity Program
- Enrollment Management
- Haggerty Museaum of Art
- Inclusive Excellence
- Institutional Research
- International Education
- Research and Innovation
- Student Affairs
- Student Education Services
- Student Financial Aid
- Student Health Services
*Administrative Area Representatives
- Child Care Center
- Economic Engagement
- General Counsel
- Human Resources
- Information Technology Services
- Marketing and Communication
- Marquette University Police Department
- Mission and Ministry
- Planning & Facilities Management
- Public Affairs
- University Advancement
- University Relations