Ignatian Leadership Retreat
August 21-23, 2023
Students who share a desire to put their faith and leadership potential into action in their new Marquette environment are invited to the Ignatian Leadership Retreat (ILR) prior to new student orientation. Build community, have fun, make friends and ask big questions about your journey at Marquette, all before school even begins!
On this retreat, you will find yourself:
- meeting and becoming friends with other students who share your values.
- exploring and enjoying the beautiful lake and grounds of the retreat center.
- listening to peers share how the Ignatian focused pillars of Marquette have shaped their college experience.
- spending time reflecting on how Jesuit ideals are found within your life.
- sharing insights in small groups.
- praying both alone and as a faith community.
- relaxing away from campus to focus on yourself and God.
- having fun!
First-year and transfer students of all faith backgrounds.
$30 for all transportation, food and lodging for the entire retreat. Financial assistance is readily available; see the Retreat FAQ page for more information.
Lutherdale Ministries - Elkhorn, WI
Lutherdale is a camp/retreat center environment set on the Lauderdale Lakes waterfront. There’s abundant land to walk and explore, big sports fields and a large chapel. The retreat center features comfortable bedrooms, a full kitchen and several lounges for games, music and hanging out.
- Pre-retreat: Optional early drop-off in residence hall. Schedule time with Residence Life.
- Monday, August 21, 3:00 p.m.: Meet at Campus Ministry (AMU 236)
- Monday, August 21, 3:30 p.m.: Retreat begins, depart for Lutherdale Ministries
- Wednesday, August 23, 5:30 p.m.: Return to Marquette, move into residence halls (pre-schedule move in time with Residence Life).
Registration (Wednesday, August 9 Deadline):
Registration for the Ignatian Leadership Retreat is open. If you would like to register, fill out this form.
My Ignatian Leadership Retreat in 2022 was truly a wonderful and enriching experience, which positively influenced my first year at Marquette. Since I was coming to Marquette from thousands of miles away, I wanted to embrace the new challenge with a retreat, which I believe is a great way to make friends and lasting connections. I felt very comfortable in the retreat setting and loved every minute. While I cannot guarantee that you will meet your best friends in the world, you will be surrounded by like-minded individuals who care for you and are embarking on similar journeys. Having this support system, specifically the support of Marquette Campus Ministry was amazing and it allowed me to carry on those friendships and connections within campus ministry and other activities at Marquette. I always enjoy seeing those individuals that I attended the retreat with around campus. Moreover, the Ignatian Leadership Retreat taught me how to continue to strengthen my faith at Marquette. I was introduced and welcomed in the Marquette Faith Community and family at the Ignatian Leadership Retreat and for that I am extremely grateful.
ILR was an answered prayer for me. This was the perfect way to enter into a community of faith at Marquette. The people whom I met on this retreat continue to be some of my best friends and hold me accountable in my faith journey.
The Ignatian Leadership Retreat was the perfect opening event for my Marquette experience; helping ease me into making new friends for the first time in years. One of the many friends I made on the retreat will even be my roommate for next year. The retreat demonstrates Marquette’s Jesuit ideals of fostering a community for all.
A great way to start off the School Year and an amazing place to meet new people.
For any questions or for further information, please contact:
Campus Ministry, AMU 236
P.O. Box 1881
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881