Ignatian Leadership Retreat
August 19-21, 2019
Students who share a desire to put their faith and leadership potential into action in their new Marquette environment are invited to the Ignatian Leadership Retreat (ILR) prior to new student orientation. Build community, have fun, make friends and ask big questions about your journey at Marquette, all before school even begins!
This is a chance to explore...
- Who am I?
- How do I want to live my life at Marquette?
- What are my gifts and talents, and how can I use those to meet the needs of the world?
On this retreat, you will find yourself:
- listening to peers share how the Ignatian focused pillars of Marquette have shaped their college experience.
- spending time reflecting on how these Jesuit ideals are found within your life.
- sharing insights in small groups.
- praying both alone and as a faith community.
- relaxing away from campus to focus on yourself and God.
- having fun!
First-year or transfer students of all faith backgrounds.
$60 for all transportation, food and lodging for the entire retreat. Financial assistance is readily available; see the Retreat FAQ page for more information.
Students who need lodging on Wednesday night before move-in on Thursday can stay in Schroeder Hall for an additional $14.
Lutherdale Ministries - Elkhorn, WI
Lutherdale is a camp/retreat center environment set on the Lauderdale Lakes waterfront. There’s abundant land to walk and explore, big sports fields and a large chapel. The retreat center features comfortable bedrooms, a full kitchen and several lounges for games, music and hanging out.
- Monday, August 19, 2 p.m.: Optional early drop-off in residence hall
- Monday, 3 p.m.: Meet at Campus Ministry (AMU 236)
- Monday, 3:30 p.m.: Retreat begins, depart for Lutherdale Ministries
- Wednesday, August 22, 5:30 p.m.: Return to Marquette and check into Schroeder Hall (for those staying overnight)
- Wednesday evening: Optional dinner and post-retreat fun (no additional cost)
- Thursday morning: Move into residence halls (Monday is for dropping off belongings only, not a full move-in)
- Jacket, comfortable walking shoes and other clothing for time outdoors
- Journal or notebook and a pen
- Snack or beverage to share with everyone
- Water bottle and reusable coffee mug
- Toiletries (toothpaste, shampoo, etc.)
- Any prescriptions or medications that you use regularly
- Flashlight for walking outside after dark (optional)
- Bedding, pillow and towel if you are spending Wednesday night in Schroeder Hall (these items are provided at Lutherdale but not at Schroeder)
The Ignatian Leadership Retreat is now open for registration. Registration will close on Monday, July 15, or when the retreat is full. (For reference, the retreat filled last year in early July.)
For any questions or for further information, please contact:
Campus Ministry, AMU 236