Ignatian Leadership Retreat
August 21-23, 2020
Students who share a desire to put their faith and leadership potential into action in their new Marquette environment are invited to the Ignatian Leadership Retreat (ILR) prior to new student orientation. Build community, have fun, make friends and ask big questions about your journey at Marquette, all before school even begins!
This is a chance to explore...
- Who am I?
- How do I want to live my life at Marquette?
- What are my gifts and talents, and how can I use those to meet the needs of the world?
On this retreat, you will find yourself:
- listening to peers share how the Ignatian focused pillars of Marquette have shaped their college experience.
- spending time reflecting on how these Jesuit ideals are found within your life.
- hanging out and becoming friends with fellow first-year students who share your values and upper class students ready to both listen and share their own Marquette stories.
- sharing insights in small groups.
- praying both alone and as a faith community.
- relaxing away from campus to focus on yourself and God.
- having fun!
This retreat is a partnership between Campus Ministry and the Office of Engagement and Inclusion and is also an ideal opportunity to get connected to both offices.
First-year or transfer students of all faith backgrounds.
$60 for all transportation, food and lodging for the entire retreat. Financial assistance is readily available; see the Retreat FAQ page for more information.
Students who need lodging on Sunday night before move-in on Monday can stay in Schroeder Hall for an additional $14.
Payments will not be collected until later in the summer. Payment can be via cash drop-off, check, or Marquette Cash (we will send an email explaining how that process works).
Inspiration Retreat Center - Walworth, WI
Inspiration Retreat Center is a picturesque and welcoming environment near Lake Geneva, less than an hour’s drive from Marquette. The retreat center features wooded paths, sports fields, and open-air pavilions, while inside are comfortable bedrooms, a spacious dining hall featuring home-cooked meals, and several small and large meeting spaces.
- Friday, August 21, 2 p.m.: Optional early drop-off in residence hall
- Friday, 3 p.m.: Meet at Campus Ministry (AMU 236)
- Friday, 3:30 p.m.: Retreat begins, depart for Inspiration Retreat Center
- Sunday, August 23, 5:30 p.m.: Return to Marquette and check into Schroeder Hall (for those staying overnight)
- Sunday evening: Optional dinner and post-retreat fun (no additional cost)
- Monday morning: Move into residence halls (Friday is for dropping off belongings only, not a full move-in)
Registration for the Ignatian Leadership Retreat is now open. Registration will close on Monday, August 10 or when the retreat is full. Registration does not require immediate payment; payments will be collected later in the summer.
For any questions or for further information, please contact:
Campus Ministry, AMU 236