Marquette Experience Retreat
April 8-10, 2022
One of Marquette’s longest-running retreats, the Marquette Experience retreat (also known as MUEX) is a community-oriented weekend rooted in the Ignatian ideals that shape Marquette University. The retreat focuses on two major topics:
- What has my Marquette experience been like so far? How am I called to carry it forward?
- How can Ignatian values draw me closer to God and into greater authenticity in my life?
Ignatian values come to life through students’ stories, small group conversations, and compelling activities and prayers unique to MUEX. If you’re trying to figure out how to live more fully at Marquette and beyond, MUEX may be exactly what you need.
Sophomore through graduate students of all faiths. Because the retreat format assumes that participants have already had some experience at Marquette, we ask first-year students to wait until at least sophomore year.
Lutherdale Ministries - Elkhorn, WI
Lutherdale is a camp/retreat center environment located on the Lauderdale Lakes. There’s abundant land to walk and explore, big sports fields, and a large chapel. The retreat center features comfortable bedrooms, a full kitchen, and a lounge for games, music, and hanging out.
Meet at Campus Ministry (AMU 236) at 5:00 pm on Friday.
We will return to campus at noon on Sunday.
In order to give all retreatants as meaningful and safe a retreat experience as possible, the following policies will be in place in order to mitigate COVID risk:
- Masks will be required when indoors (except when eating/drinking and when in your room with your roommates) and when on the bus.
- Weather permitting, we will do as many retreat activities outdoors as possible.
- Bedrooms will each have 2-3 people. Retreatants attending with other members of their COVID "bubble" may request to stay in the same room as those members.
$20, which covers transportation, food and lodging. Financial assistance is readily available; see the Retreat FAQ page for more information.
Registration for the spring Marquette Experience Retreat will open in February. When it opens, the link will appear in this section on the webpage.
If you are interested in attending this retreat and would like to be notified when registration opens, fill out this short form.
For any questions or for further information, please contact:
Campus Ministry, AMU 236
P.O. Box 1881
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881