- Research Home
- Faculty Research
- Tayebi Research Group
- Bedran-Russo Research Group
- Student Research Group (SRG)
School of Dentistry Research and Publications
For more publications see Bedran-Russo Research Group Publications
- Develop reparative/regenerative biomaterials to replace lost tooth structure
- Understand pathological and physiological process in teeth
- Development of bioinspired dental biomaterials
Multi-scale mechanical behavior of the dentin
Dentin-resin interface enhancement
Biochemical characterization of dentin collagen
Advanced Glycation End-products (AGEs) and the dentin matrix
Ultrastructure of dentin collagen
Polylactide (PLA) capsules
- Zhou, B., Alania, Y., Reis, M., Phansalkar, R.S., Nam, J.W., McAlpine, J.B., Chen, S.N., Bedran-Russo, A.K. and Pauli, G.F., 2020. Tri-and Tetrameric Proanthocyanidins with Dentin Bioactivities from Pinus massoniana. The Journal of Organic Chemistry, 85(13), pp.8462-8479.
- Barcellos, D.P.D.C., Farina, A.P., Barcellos, R., Souza, M.A., Borba, M., Bedran-Russo, A.K., Dal Bello, Y., Vidal, C.D.M.P. and Cecchin, D., 2020. Effect of a new irrigant solution containing glycolic acid on smear layer removal and chemical/mechanical properties of dentin. Scientific reports, 10(1), pp.1-8.
- Nam, J.W., Phansalkar, R.S., Lankin, D.C., McAlpine, J.B., Leme-Kraus, A.A., Bedran-Russo, A.K., Chen, S.N. and Pauli, G.F., 2020. Targeting Trimeric and Tetrameric Proanthocyanidins of Cinnamomum verum Bark as Bioactives for Dental Therapies. Journal of Natural Products, 83(11), pp.3287-3297.
- Alania, Y., Creighton, J., Trevelin, L.T., Zamperini, C.A. and Bedran-Russo, A.K., 2020. Regional contribution of proteoglycans to the fracture toughness of the dentin extracellular matrix. Journal of biomechanics, 101, p.109633
- Vidal, C.D.M.P., LaRoy, C., Toledo, D.C., da Mata Almeida, L., Qian, F., Hilgert, L.A. and Bedran-Russo, A.K., 2021. Hydroxy acids for adhesion to enamel and dentin: long-term bonding performance and effect on dentin biostability. Journal of Dentistry, p.103613.
- Thermal analysis of dental materials
- Setting mechanisms in dental materials
- Electrochemical properties of dental alloys
- MTA and calcium silicate cement setting mechanisms
- Resin-modified glass-ionomer setting reaction competition
- Properties and structure of nickel-free stainless steel wires
- Nickel titanium mechanical, electrochemical, and thermal properties
- Ninan E, Berzins DW. Torsion and bending properties of shape memory and super elastic nickel-titanium rotary instruments. J Endod. 2013 Jan;39(1):101–4.
- Thomas JT, Roberts HW, Diaz L, Bradley TG, Berzins DW. Effect of light-cure initiation time on polymerization efficiency and orthodontic bond strength with a resin-modified glass-ionomer. Orthod Craniofac Res. 2012 May;15(2):124–34.
- Sarantopoulos DM, Beck KA, Holsen R, Berzins DW. Corrosion of CoCr and NiCr dental alloys alloyed with palladium. J Prosthet Dent. 2011 Jan;105(1):35–43.
- Berzins DW, Roberts HW. Phase transformation changes in thermocycled nickel-titanium orthodontic wires. Dent Mater. 2010 Jul;26(7):666–74.
- Chedella SC, Berzins DW. A differential scanning calorimetry study of the setting reaction of MTA. Int Endod J. 2010 Jun;43(6):509–18.
- Berzins DW, Abey S, Costache MC, Wilkie CA, Roberts HW. Resin-modified glass-ionomer setting reaction competition. J Dent Res. 2010 Jan;89(1):82–6.
Dental health services research
Epidemiology of oral diseases
Dental services utilization by children and adolescents in Wisconsin with public (Medicaid and, Badger Care) and private dental insurance (Delta Dental)
- Health equity and health disparities in dental health
- Fluoride intake patterns and dental fluorosis of permanent dentition
- Factors affecting outcomes of endodontic treatment and long-term success
- Yee K, Bhagavatula P, Stover S, Eichmiller F, Hashimoto L, MacDonald S, Barkley G 3rd. (2018) Survival Rates of Teeth with Primary Endodontic Treatment after Core/Post and Crown Placement. Journal of Endodontics, 44(2):220-225
- Bhagavatula P, Curtis A, Broffitt B, Weber-Gasparoni K, Warren J, Levy SM (2018). The relationships between fluoride intake levels and fluorosis of late-erupting permanent teeth. Journal of Public Health Dentistry, 78(2):165-174
- Bhagavatula, P., Xiang, Q., Szabo, P. A., Fichmiller, F., Okunseri, C. E. (2017). Dental Procedures Received by Children Enrolled in Wisconsin Delta Dental and Medicaid Programs. Journal of Public Health Dentistry, 77 (1), 86-92.
- Burry, J. C., Stover, S., Eichmiller, F., Bhagavatula, P. (2016). Outcomes of Primary Endodontic Therapy Provided by Endodontic Specialists Compared with Other Providers. Journal of Endodontics, 42 (5), 702-705.
- Bhagavatula, P., Levy, S. M., Broffitt, B., Weber-Gasparoni, K., Warren, J. J. (2016). Timing of fluoride intake and dental fluorosis on late-erupting permanent teeth. Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology, 44 (1), 32-45.
- Burry, J., Stover, S. E., Fichmiller, F. E., Bhagavatula, P. (2016). Outcomes Evaluation of Non-Surgical Root Canal Therapy by General Practitioner or Endodontist. Journal of Endodontics, 42 (5), 702-5.
- Oral health in children
- Caries risk assessment in children
- The Use of the Hall Technique Stainless Steel Crowns by Pediatric Dentists in the United States
- Evaluation of the impact of a pre-doctoral infant oral health program on the attitudes and behaviors of graduated general dentists
- Relationship Between Neighborhood Food Environment and Dental Caries among Milwaukee Children
- Davenport M, Welles AD, Angelopoulou MV, Gonzalez C, Okunseri C, Barbeau L, Bansal NK, Vergotine RJ, Hodgson BD. Prevalence of Molar-Incisor Hypomineralization in Milwaukee, USA. Clin Cosmet Investig Dent. 2019 May 30;11:109-11
- Angelopoulou MV, Shanti SD, Gonzalez CD, Love A, Jeffrey Ch. Association of Food Insecurity with Early Childhood Caries. Journal of Public Health Dentistry, 1-7, 2018
Zahdan B, Szabo A, Gonzalez CD, Okunseri E, Okunseri C. Survival Rate of Stainless Steel Crowns and Multi-Surface Composite Restorations Placed by Denatl Students in a Pediatric Clinic. The Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry. Vol 42, Number 3, 2018.
Okunseri C, Okunseri E, Garcia R, DMD, Gonzalez C, Visotcky A, Szabo A. Impact of Wisconsin’s Medicaid Policy Change on Dental Sealants Utilization. Health Services Journal (Wiley online library) 312-325, 2016.
Okunseri C, Gonzalez CD, Hodgson B. Children’s Oral Health Assessment, Prevention, and Treatment. Pediatr Clin N Am, 1215-1226, October 2015.
Gonzalez CD, Okunseri C. Senior Dental Student’s Experience with Cariogram in a Pediatric Clinic. J Dent Educ. 2010 74: 123-129.
- Pathogenesis and treatment of periodontal and peri-implant diseases
- Digital dentistry
- Guided implant surgery
- Accuracy of implant placement
- Finite-element analysis of periodontal structures
- Digital dentistry
- Guentsch A. (2020). Antibiotics against periodontal biofilms. In: Eick S. (eds) Biofilms, Monograph in Oral Sciences. Kager, Basel (in print) DOI: 10.1159/000510188
- Guentsch A, Sukhtankar L, An H, Luepke PG. Accuracy of implant placement with and without static surgical guides. The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry 2020 (accepted)
- Rawal SY, Guentsch A. Clinical case-based problem solving examination in periodontics. Journal of Dental Education 2020; doe: 10.1002/jdd.12249 (PMID: 32524608; IF 1.322)
- Guentsch A, Fahmy MD, Wehrle C, Nietzsche S, Popp J, Watts D, Kranz S, Krafft C, Sigusch BW. Effect of Biomimetic Mineralization on Enamel and Dentin: A Raman and EDX analysis. Dental Materials 2019; 35: 1300-1307 (PMID: 31208774; IF 4.039)
- Dederichs M, Fahmy MD, Kuepper H, Guentsch A. A new Gingival Sulcus Model for Comparison of Gingival Retraction Materials. Journal of Prosthodontics 2019, 28: 784-789 (PMID: 31206914; IF 1.750)
- Guentsch A, Stier C, Raschke GF, Peisker A, Fahmy MD, Kuepper H, Schueler I. Oral health and dental anxiety in a German practice-based sample. Clinical Oral Investigation 2017; 21: 1675-1680 (PMID: 27596605; IF 2.207)
- Preventive dentistry
- Vital pulp treatment in primary and permanent teeth
- Dental traumatic injuries
- Investigation of the Effect of Saliva Contamination on Microleakage of Fissure Sealants Applied with Different Protocols
- In Vitro Evaluation of Different Protocols For Preventing Microleakage of Fissure Sealants Placed Following Saliva Contamination
- A Retrospective Study of Traumatic Dental Injuries to the Primary Dentition
- Parental Level of Knowledge Regarding Dental Traumatic Injuries
- Evaluation of the Pediatric Dentists’ Views on the Factors Affecting the Dentist Perception of Preschool Children
- Clinical Performance of A Resin Modified Glass Ionomer Cement Applied as Fissure Sealant on Still-Erupting Permanent Molars: A Randomized Controlled Prospective Study
- Özgür B, Ünverdi GE, Güngör HC, McTigue DJ, Casamassimo PS. A 3-Year retrospective study of traumatic dental Injuries to the primary dentition. Dental Traumatology. 2021;00:1–9. https://doi.org/10.1111/edt.12657
- Şimşek H, Yazıcı AR, Güngör HC. In Vitro Evaluation of Different Protocols for Preventing Microleakage of Fissure Sealants Placed Following Saliva Contamination. J Clin Pediatr Dent. 2020 Aug 1;44(4):240-248. doi: 10.17796/1053-4625-44.4.5.
- Özgür N, Ballıkaya E, Güngör HC, Ataç AS. Turkish Pediatric Dentists’ Knowledge, Experiences and Attitudes Regarding Child Physical Abuse. Int Dent J 2020;70(2):145-151.
- Atasever G, Keçeli TI, Uysal S, Güngör HC, Ölmez S. Primary molar pulpotomies with different hemorrhage control agents and base materials- A randomized clinical trial. Nigerian J Clin Prac 2019;22(3):305-312.
- Gungor HC. Hidden behind dental trauma: Child physical abuse? (Editorial) Pesquisa Brasileira em Odontopediatria e Clinica Integrada 1 January 2018;18(1):e3869.
- Özgür B, Uysal S, Güngör HC. Partial Pulpotomy in Immature Permanent Molars After Carious Exposures Using Different Hemorrhage Control and Capping Materials. Pediatr Dent 2017 Sep 15;39(5):364-370.
- Biostatistics and data science in dentistry and public health
- Machine learning in biomedical science
- Statistical (epi)genetics and genomics
- Refining mutation rates and measures of purifying selection with an application to understanding the impact of non-coding variation on neuropsychiatric diseases
- Statistical rare variant analysis for autism spectrum disorders by leveraging functional annotations
- Hongmei Zhang, Xianzheng Huang, Shengtong Han, Faisal I. Rezwan, Wilfried Karmaus, Hasan Arshad, John W. Holloway (2021). Gaussian Bayesian network comparisons with graph ordering unknown. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 157, 107156.
- Lulu Hu, Yuwen Liu, Shengtong Han, Lei Yang, Xiaolong Cui, Yawei Gao, Qing Dai, Xingyu Lu, Xiaochen Kou, Yanhong Zhao, Wenhui Sheng, Shaorong Gao, Xin He and Chuan He (2019). Jump-seq: genome-wide capture and amplification of 5hmC sites. Journal of American Chemical Society, 141, 22, 8694-8697.
- Shengtong Han, Hongmei Zhang, Wenhui Sheng, Hasan Arshad (2019). The nested joint clustering via Dirichlet process mixture model. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 89, 815-830.
- Shengtong Han, Hongmei Zhang, Wilfried Karmaus, Graham Roberts, Hasan Arshad (2017). Adjusting background noise in cluster analysis of longitudinal data. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 109, 93-104.
- Shengtong Han, Hongmei Zhang, Gabrielle A. Lockett, Nandini Mukherjee, John W. Holloway, Wilfried J.J. Karmaus (2015). Identifying heterogeneous transgenerational DNA Methylation sites via clustering in Beta regression. The Annals of Applied Statistics, 9, 2052-2072.
- Shengtong Han, Raymond K. W. Wong, Thomas C. M. Lee, Linghao Shen, Shuo-Yen R. Li, Xiaodan Fan (2014). A Full Bayesian Approach for Boolean Genetic Network Inference. PLoS ONE,9(12): e115806. doi:10.1371/journal.pone. 0115806.
- Near infra-red phototherapy
- Evidence-based clinical outcomes
- Patients with Special Health Care Needs
- Cancer therapy-induced oral mucositis
- Panoral vs. Intra-oral Bitewing radiographs for caries detection
- Molar-Incisor Hypomineralization
- Third molar development in 8 year old children
- Migliorati C, Hewson I, Lalla RV, Antunes HS, Estilo CL, Hodgson B, Fontana Lopes NN, Schubert MM, Bowen J, Elad S. Systematic review of laser and other light therapy for the management of oral mucositis in cancer patients. Supportive Care in Cancer, 2013;21:333–341
- Hodgson BD, Margolis DM, Salzman DE, Eastwood D, Tarima S, Williams LD, Sande JE, Vaughan WP, Whelan HT. Amelioration of oral mucositis pain by NASA near infra red light emitting diodes in bone marrow transplant patients. Supportive Care in Cancer, 2012;20(7):1405–1415.
- Hodgson BD, Pyszka B, Henry MM, Buchman E, Whelan HT. Effect of Photobiomodulation on Vinblastine Poisoned Murine HERS Cells. Photomedicine and Laser Surgery, 2011;29(4):233–7.
- Hong CH, Napeñas JJ, Hodgson BD, Stokman MA, Mathers VM, Elting LS, Brennan MT. A systematic review of dental disease in patients undergoing cancer therapy. Supportive Care in Cancer, April 2010;18:1007–21.
- Vergotine RJ, Hodgson B, Lambert L. Pulp polyp associated with a natal tooth: case report. Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry 2009;34(2):161–4.
- Hodgson BD, Davies K, Gonzalez, CD. The acrocallosal syndrome: A literature review and case report. Journal of Dentistry for Children (Chic) 2009 May-Aug;76(2):170–7.
- Temporomandibular Disorder (TMD)
- Oral Cancer
- Effect of hypnosis on the treatment of TMD
- Role of VEGF in Oral Squamous cell carcinoma
- Pahuja BI, Khaled YA. “Implementing Mass Level Strategies Towards Prevention of Periodontal Disease” Journal of Scientific & Technical Research, July 24, 2019.
- Khaled YA, Pahuja BI. Clinical Approach to Diagnosis and Management of Dentinal Hypersensitivity” Cientific Dental research Journal, June 25, 2019.
- Khaled YA, Pahuja BI “Identifying the different kinds of Oral Candida Species in Denture wearing Patients” EC Dental Science, June 17, 2019.
- Khaled YA, Pahuja BI “Condition requiring endodontic treatment to maintain the integrity of periodontium” Journal of Dental Science, Oral and Maxillofacial Research, June 05, 2019.
- Khaled YA. “Integration of Oral Medicine in Clinical teaching” EC Dental Science, March 22, 2019.
- Khaled, Y. A.” Using physical therapy to treat temporomandibular disorders. A cohort study” Journal of dental Science, June 25th, 2018
- CBCT applications in the dental specialties
- Tools to improve outcomes of Nasal Airway Surgery
- Borojeni A.A.T., Garcia G.J.M., Moghaddam M.G., Frank-Ito D.O., Kimbell J.S., Laud P.W., Koenig L.J., Rhee J.S. (2020) Normative ranges of nasal airflow variables in healthy adults. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery 15, 87-98.
- Casey K.P., Borojeni A.A.T., Koenig L.J., Rhee J.S., Garcia G.J.M. (2017) Correlation between subjective nasal patency and intranasal airflow distribution. Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery 156, 741-750.
- Garcia GJM, Casey KP, Borojeni A, Koenig LJ, Rhee JS. Potential role of intranasal airflow distribution in the perception of nasal patency. Submitted to Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery. Sept. 2016
- Wound healing following implant site development and implant placement procedures
- Wound healing and patient-centered outcomes following guided bone regeneration and implant placement
- Patient perception of complications and reasons for additional post-operative consultation
- Patient perception of wound healing following periodontal and implant-related procedures
- Papillary changes following extraction in the esthetic zone
- Kofina V, Demirer M, Erdal BS, et al. Bone grafting history affects soft tissue healing following implant placement. J Periodontol. 2020;1–10.
- Dodge A, Kreh K, Kofina V, Rawal SY. Sublingual emphysema following alveoloplasty: A case report. Clin Case Rep. 2020;00:1–4.
- Vibration and ultrasound to modulate bone remodeling
- Induction of external apical root resorption
- Mechanotransduction in bone
- Biomechanics in clinical orthodontics and adult patient treatment
- Mechanotransduction in bone
- Roles of mechanical factors in external apical root resorption during orthodontic tooth movement
- Liu D, Genetos DC, Shao Y, Gesit DJ, Li J, Ke HZ, Turner CH, Duncan RL. Activation of extracellular-signal regulated kinase (ERK1/2) by fluid shear is Ca(2+)- and ATP dependent in MC3T3-E1 osteoblasts. Bone 2008;42:644–652.
- Liu D, Ou ZS. Low intensity pulsed ultrasound (LIPUS) induces opposite metabolic responses of osteocytes versus cementoblasts in vitro. J Musculoskeletal Neuronal Interact 2007;7(4):364–365.
- Mini-screw Assisted Rapid Palatal Expansion (MARPE)
- Acceleration of Orthodontic Tooth Movement
- Orthodontic Retention
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta
- 3D imaging, Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)
- Artificial Intelligence in dentistry
- Clinical biomechanics in Orthodontics
- Temporomandibular Disorders
- Long-term effects of conventional versus mini-screw assisted rapid palatal expansion on root resorption
- Effects of Alendronate on the rate of orthodontic tooth movement in Osteogenesis Imperfecta
- Artificial Intelligence and orthodontic diagnosis
- Identification of Ideal sites for insertion of orthodontic mini-implants
- Mehta, S., Chen, P. J., Vich, M. L., Upadhyay, M., Tadinada, A., and Yadav, S. (2021). Bone-anchored versus tooth-anchored expansion appliances: Long-term effects on the condyle-fossa relationship. Journal of the World federation of orthodontists, S2212-4438(21)00031-X. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejwf.2021.07.001
- Nanda, A., Chen, P. J., Mehta, S., Kalajzic, Z., Dutra, E. H., Allareddy, V., Nanda, R., and Yadav, S. (2020). The effect of differential force system and minimal surgical intervention on orthodontic tooth movement and root resorption. European journal of orthodontics, cjaa065. https://doi.org/10.1093/ejo/cjaa065
- Mehta, S., Dresner, R., Gandhi, V., Chen, P. J., Allareddy, V., Kuo, C. L., Mu, J., and Yadav, S. (2020). Effect of positional errors on the accuracy of cervical vertebrae maturation assessment using CBCT and lateral cephalograms. Journal of the World federation of orthodontists, 9(4), pp. 146–154. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejwf.2020.09.006.
- Dzingle, J., Mehta, S., Chen, P. J., and Yadav, S. (2020). Correction of Unilateral Posterior Crossbite with U-MARPE. Turkish journal of orthodontics, 33(3), pp. 192–196. https://doi.org/10.5152/TurkJOrthod.2020.20034
- Mehta, S., Upadhyay, M., and Suhail, Y. (2021). Artificial Intelligence for radiographic image analysis. Seminars in Orthodontics.27(2), pp.109-120. https://doi.org/10.1053/j.sodo.2021.05.007
- Azami, N., Chen, P. J., Mehta, S., Kalajzic, Z., Dutra, E. H., Nanda, R., and Yadav, S. (2020). Raloxifene administration enhances retention in an orthodontic relapse model. European journal of orthodontics, 42(4), pp. 371–377. https://doi.org/10.1093/ejo/cjaa008
- Oral Epidemiology and Oral Health Disparities
- Health Services Research: Service delivery, Access to care, Policy and Cost/Quality of care
- Oral Health Prevention and Health Promotion
- Dental care and emergency departments
- Dental service utilization in children, adolescents and adults
- Preventive care services
- Okunseri C, Zbin S, Zheng C, Eichmiller F, Okunseri E, Szabo A. Emergency department visits and dental procedures: Mission of Mercy, 2013–2016. Clin Cosmet Investig Dent. 2019;11:157-162.
- Li KY, Okunseri CE, McGrath C, Wong MCM. Self-reported general and oral health in adults in the United States: NHANES 1999-2014. Clin Cosmet Investig Dent. 2019;11:399-408.
- Wagner K, Szabo A, Zheng C, Okunseri E, Okunseri C. Billed and Paid Amounts for Preventive Procedures in Dental Medicaid. JDR Clin Transl Res. 2019;4(4):371-377.
Davenport M, Welles AD, Angelopoulou M V., et al. Prevalence of molar-incisor hypomineralization in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA: A pilot study. Clin Cosmet Investig Dent. 2019;11:109-117.
- Okunseri C, Eggert E, Zheng C, Eichmiller F, Okunseri E, Szabo A. Sociodemographic Characteristics of Mission of Mercy Attendees in Wisconsin. JDR Clin Transl Res. July 2019:2380084419859846.
- Shenkin JD, Warren J, Spanbauer C, Okunseri E, Szabo A, Okunseri C. Hospital emergency department visits by ambulance for nontraumatic tooth pain in the USA. Clin Cosmet Investig Dent. 2018;10:159-163.
- Implant outcome measures
- Risk factors for peri-implantitis
- Prasad S, Hambrook C, Reigle E, Sharman K, Bansal N, Hefti AF. Implant treatment in the pre-doctoral clinic: A retrospective database study of 1091 patients. J Prosthodont. 2017; 26(6): 559-67.
- Prasad S, Bansal N. Predoctoral dental students’ perception of dental implant training: Effect of Preclinical Simulation and Clinical Experience. J Dent Educ. 2017; 81(4): 395-403.
- Prasad S, Banez JD, Bompolaki D, Hart Y. Optimizing anterior implant outcome immediately after implant placement and grafting by using patient’s extracted teeth: A case report. J Dent Oral Biol. 2017; 2(1): 1022.
- Prasad S, Ehrensberger M, Gibson MP, Kim H, Monaco EA. Biomaterial properties of titanium in dentistry. J Oral Biosci. 2015;57: 192-199.
For more publications see Tayebi Research Group Publications
- Tissue engineering
- Hard and Soft Tissue Expansion, Vascularization and Stem Cell Seeding in Patient Specific 3-D Printed Scaffold for Large Craniofacial Defects
- Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Implants: A 3D-BioPrining Approach
- Microfludic Systems for Medical Applications
- A Novel Approach in Teeth Preservation
- Regenerative Medicine Treatment of Large Bone Defect
- J. Farzanfar, F. Farjadian, A. Roointan, S. Mohammadi-Samani, L. Tayebi Assessment of pH Responsive Delivery of Methotrexate Based on PHEMA-st-PEG-DA Nanohydrogel Macromolecular Research, 29(1), 54-6, DOI: 10.1007/s13233-021-9007-6 (2021)
- S. Hashemi, L. M. Amirabad, S. Farzad-Mohajeri, M. Rezai Rad, F. Fahimipour, A. Ardeshirylajimi, E. Dashtimoghadam, M. Salehi, M. Soleimani, M. Mehdi Dehghan, L. Tayebi, A. Khojasteh Comparison of osteogenic differentiation potential of induced pluripotent stem cells and buccal fat pad stem cells on 3D-printed HA/β-TCP collagen-coated scaffolds Cell and Tissue Research DOI: 10.1007/s00441-020-03374-8 (2021)
- A.Abedi; B.Bakhshandeh; A. Babaie; J. Mohammadnejad; S. Vahdat; R. Mombeiny; S. R. Moosavi; J. Amini; L. Tayebi. Concurrent Application of Conductive Biopolymeric Chitosan-MWCNTs Nanofibers, Intracellular Signaling Manipulating Molecules and Electrical Stimulation for More Effective Cardiac Tissue Engineering Materials Chemistry and Physics, Volume 258, 15 January 2021, 123842, DOI: 10.1016/j.matchemphys.2020.123842 (2021)
- A. Jebelli, B. Baradaran, J. Mosafer, A. Baghbanzadeh, A. Mokhtarzadeh, L. Tayebi. Recent Developments in Targeting Genes and Pathways by RNAi-Based Approaches in Colorectal Cancer Medicinal Research Reviews, DOI: 10.1002/med.21735 (2021)
- E. A. Dil, M. Ghaedi, A. Asfaram, L. Tayebi. Simultaneous selective enrichment of methylparaben, propylparaben, and butylparaben from cosmetics samples based on syringe-to-syringe magnetic fluid phase microextraction Talanta, DOI:10.1016/j.talanta.2020.121547 (2021)
- F. Heidari, F. S. Tabatabaei, M. Razavi, R. Bazargan Lari, M. Tavangar, G. E Romanos, D. Vashaee, L. Tayebi. 3D construct of hydroxyapatite/zinc oxide/palladium nanocomposite scaffold for bone tissue engineering Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine, 31, 85 (2020). DOI: 10.1007/s10856-020-06409-2 (2020)
- Dental materials
- Sheer bond strength of PEEK to acrylic
- Kois Dento-facial Analyzer system
- Merging CBCT digital files with digital facial scans
- Correcting chairside scanner data files
- Al Maaz A, Thompson GA, Drago C, An H, Berzins D. (2019). Effect of finish line design and metal alloy on marginal and internal fit of metal copings made by Selective Laser Melting technology. The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 122, 143-151.
- Maroulakos G, Thompson G, Kontogiorgos E. (2019). Effect of cement type on the clinical performance and complications of zirconia and lithium disilicate tooth-supported crowns: A systematic review. Report of the Committee on Research in Fixed Prosthodontics of the American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics. The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 121, 754-765.
- Hossein J, Kang S, Masri R, Kuhn L, Fahimipour F, Vanevenhoven R, Thompson G, Gheisarifar M, Tahriri M, Tayebi L. (2018). Advancements in Craniofacial Prosthesis Fabrication: A Narrative Review of Holistic Treatment. The Journal of Advanced Prosthodontics, 10, 430-9.
- Ramadhan A, Thompson GA, Maroulakos G, Berzins D. (2018). Analysis of flexural strength and contact pressure following simulated chairside adjustment of pressed lithium disilicate glass ceramic. The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 120, 439-46.
- Castro-Garcia M, Moreno-Cabello PÁ, Rubio-Paramio MÁ, Carranza-Cañadas P, Thompson GA. (2018). A hemispherical contact model for simplifying 3D occlusal surfaces. The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 119, 804-11.
- Asiri W, Domagala D, Cho S-K, Thompson GA. (2018). A method of locating the abutment screw access channel with cone-beam computed tomography and a 3D printed drilling guide. The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 119, 210-13.
Associate Dean for Research (Interim)
- Tissue engineering
- Bone grafts and bone graft substitutes
- Osteoinductive substances and materials
- Retrieval and implant analyses
- Delivery of osteoinductive proteins on implants
- Pre-clinical testing of orthopaedic and dental biomaterials
- Retrieval analysis of explanted spine devices and dental implants
- Evaluation of Bone void fillers and synthetic bone graft substitutes.
- Guilak F, Estes BT, Enomoto M, Moutos FT, Carson MA, Toth JM, Eggert P, Stallrich J, Willard V, Veis DJ, Little D, Lascelles BDX: Biological Resurfacing in a Canine Model of Hip Osteoarthritis. Science Advances, 7(38): DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.abi5918, September 15, 2021.
- Toth JM, Bric JD: An Evaluation of the Host Response to an Interspinous Process Device Based on a Series of Spine Explants: Device for Intervertebral Assisted Motion (DIAM®). Journal of Spine Surgery, 5(4): 483-495, 2019.
- Toth JM: Chapter 8: “Biocompatibility of Polyaryletheretherketone Polymers.” In: The PEEK Biomaterials Handbook. 2nd Edition. Ed by Stephen M. Kurtz. Elsevier Publishing, Maryland Heights, MO, Pages 107-119, 2019.
- Dunkley IR, Vickers SM, Badura JM, Toth JM: A Histological Assessment of the Mechanism of Early-Stage Healing of a Biphasic Calcium Phosphate in an In Vivo Rabbit Model. Key Engineering Materials, 782:275-282, 2018.
- Roberts HW, Toth JM, Berzins DW, Charlton DG. Mineral Trioxide Aggregate: A Versatile Biomaterial for Endodontic Treatment. Dent Mat 2008;24:149–164.
- Al Jabbari YS, Fournelle RA, Ziebert G, Toth JM, and Iacopino AM. Mechanical Behavior and Failure Analysis of Prosthetic Retaining Screws after Long-Term Use In-vivo. Parts I through IV. J Prosth Dent 2008;17:149–210.