Application Instructions and Guidelines
Getting started with your application process
Thank you for your interest in applying to Marquette University Graduate School! Please read these general instructions prior to starting an application. If you need assistance completing the online application, please contact the Graduate School at (414) 288-7137.
Your application will be considered complete and ready for review when all three of these steps below have been completed. Be sure to check the Application Deadline and Required Materials for your program.
Step 1: Start Your Online Application
Submit an online application* to the Graduate School.
*Prospective Speech-Language Pathology students must apply and submit all application requirements via CSDCAS.
*Students interested in applying for an Inter-University exchange program through UWM, MCW or the Midwest Catholic Schools Consortium should make note of any additional steps.
Step 2: Submit the $50 application fee
You will be prompted to pay the $50 application fee by credit card after clicking 'Submit Online Form' on the online application. Application fees will only be waived for current Marquette students and alumni, McNair Scholars, Trinity Fellowship applicants, and for attendees of our Open House or other on-campus visit events.
Step 3: Submit all documentation
- Unofficial transcripts, personal statements, resumes, etc. can be uploaded from your Student Status page after clicking 'Submit Online Form.' Official test scores MUST be sent directly from the testing agency and cannot be uploaded through your Student Status page. You can track the receipt of these items and your application status from the Student Status page.
- Log in to your online application status page to see what items were received and what still needs to be submitted.
- Expect to receive a weekly reminder email about the materials that you still need to submit before the application deadline.
Documents may include:
Attach the appropriate supporting documents to your online application, which could include a resume/CV, statement of purpose, writing sample and/or other documents required by your program.
We will also accept these documents emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org after your application has been submitted online.
- You must list in the application and submit copies of transcripts for all colleges or universities that you have attended, whether or not you received a degree or transferred the credits from the school. Marquette University transcripts need not be submitted*.
- Domestic transcripts (from colleges/universities in the United States) should be sent to the Marquette University Graduate School directly from your previous institution. Transcripts that pass through the applicant's hands will not be considered official, and neither will transcripts stamped "Issued to Student." If an institution distributes transcripts electronically, please have them send the transcript to email@example.com.
- Foreign transcripts that are issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation in addition to an official transcript. Please note that evaluations such as those from WES and ECE are not official transcripts.
USPS Mailing Address:
Marquette University Graduate School
Holthusen Hall, Third Floor
P.O. Box 1881
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881
Marquette University Graduate School
1324 W. Wisconsin Ave., Room 305
Milwaukee, WI 53233
*Prospective Speech-Language Pathology students must submit all application requirements, including Marquette transcripts, via CSDCAS.
- Official test scores are required and must be sent directly from the testing agency to Marquette University Graduate School.
- For GRE and TOEFL score submissions, please use the Designated Institution (DI) code 1448.
- Speech-Language Pathology applicants should choose the Marquette University CSDCAS option (DI Code 7435).
Letters of Recommendation
- We strongly encourage you to use the online system available as part of the online application. Indicate on your application who your recommenders will be and send them an invitation through the online application. Your recommenders will receive instructions to upload their recommendation electronically.
- Difficulty with the online system? Recommenders can also email letters to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Marquette University Graduate School, Holthusen 305, P.O. Box 1881, Milwaukee, WI 53201
- Letters should be submitted by those who can best speak to your past academic record and potential for future success as a graduate student. Ideally, at least some of these letters will be written by professors. Letters from employers and other relevant references are also acceptable.
When will I receive an admission decision to the Graduate School?
- Expect to receive a decision approximately six to eight weeks after the application deadline. Each program has its own admission committee and therefore the time frames for application reviews and decisions vary.
- As soon as an admissions decision is made, the Graduate School will send you an official email notification.