Please note: Specific application requirements apply to international students, transfer students and foreign-trained dentists.
- Application for admission to the Marquette University School of Dentistry may be made through the Associated American Dental Schools Application Service. All AADSAS applicants must submit an online application, which should be completed the June before the year for which admission is being sought. GO TO ONLINE APPLICATION
- The completed application should be submitted to AADSAS as soon as possible. For optimum consideration, your credential file (including the AADSAS application with grades and DAT scores, letters of recommendation and the application fee) should be complete in our office no later than September 1.
- After completing the AADSAS application, the student will be requested to pay a $45 application processing fee online by debit or credit card or e-check to the Marquette University School of Dentistry. A URL to pay the fee will be provided via email once the application has been received. Marquette School of Dentistry will no longer accept personal checks or money orders.
- Every applicant is required to take the Dental Admissions Test. The computerized DAT is offered, by appointment, through the Dental Admissions Testing Program and local Prometric Testing Centers across the country. Marquette University accepts the Canadian DAT.
Applications and preparation materials for the DAT may be obtained online at the American Dental Association's website or American Dental Education Association's website.
- Applicants are required to submit three letters of recommendation. It is preferred that two of the letters be obtained from science professors. The third may be from someone of the applicant's choosing. The Admissions Committee will accept a committee letter in lieu of three individual letters.
- All students entering the Marquette University School of Dentistry must be immunized against hepatitis B, measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) and tetanus-diphtheria. Students who do not have proof of immunization will be required to show immunity through a blood titer. A negative or equivocal blood titer result on any of these vaccine-preventable diseases will require the student to be vaccinated. Students are also required to have an annual TB test and show immunity to varicella-zoster through a blood titer. Students should receive immunizations from their personal physician or contact MU Student Health Services for further information. Failure to comply with this requirement may cause a student’s offer of admission to be rescinded.
- Students will be required to provide proof of health insurance coverage. Failure to comply with this requirement may cause a student's offer of admission to be rescinded.
- The School of Dentistry’s Admissions Committee accepts applicants based on scholarship, Dental Admission Test scores, a personal interview and the applicant’s overall suitability for the study of dentistry. An applicant may be accepted provisionally, pending receipt of the grades earned in the balance of courses taken or the results of the Dental Admission Test. All official final transcripts from colleges and universities previously attended must be submitted before a student enrolls in classes.
- Accepted applicants must respond in writing within the deadlines stated in the letter of acceptance. A $1,000 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve an applicant’s position in the class. Special deposit and insurance fees are required of international students.
- Accepted applicants must also consent to undergo a criminal background check as a condition of their admission. Applicants will receive information about the background check via email after their acceptance into the School of Dentistry.
State Licensure/Certification Disclosure for DDS Program
The information below reflects whether this program meets the educational requirements for licensure or certification in the specified states.
Satisfies Educational Requirements: AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NJ, NV, NH, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, PR, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI, WV, WY
Does Not Satisfy Educational Requirements: None
No Determination Made: AS, MP, VI
Please contact D.D.S. program admissions for more information about state licensure.
D.D.S. Program Admissions contact