The Discovery Learning Laboratory has a 40-watt Epilog 36EXT Laser. This machine is available for student and faculty use when pursuing educational or research goals.
- The laser does not cut metal no matter how hard you try.
- The laser will cut acrylic but will not cut polycarbonate. Both are transparent plastics. If you are not sure of the material, ask.
- The laser will not cut PVC based plastics.
- The laser will engrave but will not cut glass.
- The laser will engrave and cut woods of small thicknesses.
- The manual for the Epilog 36EXT is on the Lab/College Manuals SharePoint site (MU login required). Start with the quick start guide. The manual can also be found on the EPILOG website along with tips and tricks to getting the laser to perform.
- Vector graphics produce superior engravings.
- The machinists will not work your project for you while you wait.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org