Social and Cultural Sciences
Ph.D., 1994, Arizona State University
Near Eastern archaeology, Archaeology of the Prehispanic SW, Bioarchaeology, Lithic technology
Prehistoric archaeology, Rise of agriculture, Gender in cross-cultural perspective, Experimental and ethnographic approaches in archaeology
- 2014 Public Archeology: Collaborative and Community Approaches. Special Issue of Near Eastern Archeology 76(3).
- 2010 Domesticating gender. Journal of Anthropological Archaeology 29: 249-265.
- 2008 New insights from old stones: a survey of ground stone studies. In Not the Same Old Grind: Studies of Ground Stone Artifacts, edited by Y.M. Rowan and J.R. Ebeling, pp. 361-370. Equinox Press, London.
- 2007 Crossing the boundary to domestication economies: a case study from West-Central Jordan. In Crossing Jordan — North American Contributions to the Archaeology of Jordan, edited by T.E. Levy, P.M. Michèle Daviau, Randall W. Younker, and May Shaer, pp. 203-210. Equinox Press, London.
- 2002 Sexual Revolutions: Gender and Labor at the Dawn of Agriculture. In Gender
and Archaeology Series, AltaMira Press, Walnut Creek, CA.