Electrical and Computer Engineering
Google Scholar Page
Ph.D. 1982, Electrical Engineering, Bosphorus University
M.S.E.E., 1979, Electrical Engineering, Bosphorus University
B.S.E.E., 1976, Electrical Engineering, Bosphorus University
- Modeling, analysis, estimation, and control of stochastic, nonlinear/chaotic, and uncertain systems
- Nonlinear and statistical signal processing
- Applications of control and signal processing to smart micro- and nano-sensor systems and fault diagnostics, prognostics and self-healing in energy generation, transmission and utilization systems
- Networked control systems
- Research on improving learning and matching teaching strategies with learning styles
- Gender issues in STEM education
Selected Recent Publications
X, Wang and E.E. Yaz “Second-Order Fault Tolerant Extended Kalman Filter for Discrete Time Nonlinear Systems” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, DOI 10.1109/TAC.2019.2908654, 8 pages, 2019.
K. Sothivelr, F. Bender, F. Josse, E.E. Yaz and A. J. Ricco “Quantitative Detection of Complex Mixtures using a Single Chemical Sensor: Analysis of Response Transients using Multi-Stage Estimation” American Chemical Society Sensors Journal, https://doi.org/10.1021/ acssensors.9b00564, May 2019.
X. Wang, M. A. Reitz and E.E. Yaz "Field Oriented Sliding Mode Control of Surface-Mounted Permanent Magnet AC Motors: Theory and Applications to Electrified Vehicles" IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology Vol. 67, pp. 10343 – 10356, 2018.
X. Wang, E.E. Yaz and S. Schneider "Coupled State-Dependent Riccati Equation Control for Continuous Time Nonlinear Mechatronics Systems" ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Vol. 140(11), pp. 111013-111013-10 (10 pages), 2018.
X. Wang and E.E. Yaz “Smart Power Grid Synchronization with Fault Tolerant Nonlinear Estimation” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 31, pp. 4806-4816, 2016.