Electrical and Computer Engineering
Google Scholar Page
Ph.D. 1982, Electrical Engineering, Bosphorus University
M.S.E.E., 1979, Electrical Engineering, Bosphorus University
B.S.E.E., 1976, Electrical Engineering, Bosphorus University
- Modeling, analysis, estimation, and control of stochastic, nonlinear/chaotic, and uncertain systems
- Nonlinear and statistical signal processing
- Applications of control and signal processing to smart micro- and nano-sensor systems and fault diagnostics, prognostics and self-healing in energy generation, transmission and utilization systems
- Networked control systems
- Research on improving learning and matching teaching strategies with learning styles
- Gender issues in STEM education
Selected Recent Publications
Bonniwell, J., Schneider, S., Yaz, E. (2014). Deterministic and Stochastic Resilience Analysis of Minimum-Time- Controlled Discrete-Time Systems. Electronics Letters, 50, 1197-1198.
Wang, X., Yaz, E. (2014). Robust and Resilient State-Dependent Control of Discrete-Time Nonlinear Systems with General Performance Criteria. Systems Science and Control Engineering, 2, 48-54.
Wang, X., Yaz, E. (2014). Stochastically Resilient Extended Kalman Filtering for Discrete-Time Nonlinear Systems with Sensor Failures. Int. J. of Systems Science Special Issue “Analysis and Control of Randomly Occurring Incomplete Information”, 45, 1393 - 1401.
Feng, F., Schneider, S., Yaz, E., Yaz, Y. (2014). Discrete-Time Resilient Controller Design with General Criteria for a Class of Uncertain Nonlinear Systems. (pp. 4268-4273): Proc. of 2014 American Control Conference.
ElBsat, M. N., Yaz, E. (2013). Robust and resilient finite-time bounded control of discrete-time uncertain nonlinear systems. Automatica/Elsevier, 49, 2292-2296.