- Gain knowledge and hands-on experience in device fabrication in a class-1000 cleanroom at Marquette.
- Professor Weise introduces a hands-on electric drives lab course with real world examples for fall 2021
- Fall 2021 New Courses.
- EECE to partner with Foxconn iAI-Institute to offer an online course for fall in Artificial Intelligence for Industrial Applications
- Congratulations to Jacob Edwards, Jimmy Carpenter, Kassie Povinelli, and Danny Hudetz for Outstanding Student Awards given by the IAB members and EECE. We are proud of you all!
- Check out our new YouTube Channel
- Explore our new graduate certificates in Renewable Energy Technology and Integration and Machine Learning.
- Congratulations Carmen Seda, a computer engineering major who received the "Undergraduate Student of the Year Award" from ACUI.
- Dr. Nathan Weise has been selected to receive 2020-2021 Way Klingler Young Scholar Award, one of up to four recipients of the university-wide honor.
- Congratulations Dr. Ayman EL-Refaie, the recipient of the Opus College of Engineering Outstanding Researcher Award.
- Dr. Chung Hoon Lee (PI) with Co-PIs Dr. Jim Richie and Dr. Henry Medeiros have received a 1-year award of $50,000 for the project, “A Continuous Heavy Metal Contaminant Measurement System in Drinking Water.”
- Dr. Chandana Tamma, a recipient of the KEEN and Kern Family Foundation “2020 Engineering Unleased Fellowship” read the ASEE Prism article.
- Dr. Chung Hoon Lee (PI) with Co-PI Dr. Jim Richie received a 1-year award of $50,000 for the project, “Ultra sensitive 30 nm thick SiN membrane pressure sensors.”
- Doctoral students, consider applying for the Electrical Engineering GAANN Fellowship Program for financial support. Details attached.
- Arthur Harrington, Law Prof. and co-teaching EECE 6931 discussed the feasibility of GMs’ pledge to go carbon neutral by 2040.
E-Week 2021 - Feb 15-21 Engineering Student Council will host events from expert panels on careers, service and diversity to desserts with the dean, game night and giveaways.
- Introducing Dr. Jie Gao who joined our department in fall 2020
- Dr. Ed Yaz, has received a 1-year, $150,000 award for the project, “SCC-PG: Safety and Security of College Campuses and their Adjacent Communities.” Co-PIs from the EECE Department include Dr. Fabien Josse, Dr. Majeed Hayat, Dr. Cris Ababei, and Dr. Henry Medeiros.
- Dr. James E. Richie Outstanding Teacher Award 2019-2020
Dr. Ed Yaz has received a $50,370 supplement to his existing Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need award to support an additional fellow this year.
Ms. Yeasmin Sultana, currently studying Microwave/RF Engineering with Dr. James Richie, is the 2020 recipient of the Dr. Thomas K. Ishii Graduate Summer Fellowship Award.
Dr. Richard Povinelli has received a $74,890 grant from Precision Surfacing Solutions for his project entitled “A Machine Learning Approach to Capture Trial Knowledge for Finishing Machines.”
We are proud to announce 2019/20 EECE Outstanding Undergraduate Student Awards John Gallagher, Senior Award in Electrical Engineering; Jeremy Horky, Senior Award in Computer Engineering; Jacob Edwards, Junior Award in Electrical Engineering; Carmen Seda, Junior Award in Computer Engineering. Congratulations!
- The Coutu Research Group (Dr. Ronald Coutu) recently completed novel engineering tests on an emerging, intelligent solar pavement technology.
Congratulations to our graduate students who received the 2020 EECE Graduate Student Awards. Protap Mahanta for outstanding Research Assistant and Emmanuel Adebayo for outstanding Teaching Assistant.
- Dr. Richard Povinelli has received a $300,000 2-year grant award from Marquette Energy Analytics for “Marquette University (MU)/Marquette Energy Analytics (MEA) Research and Internship Project.”
- Dr. Cris Ababei Receives NSF Grant for Energy Optimization of Buildings
- Dr. Ayman EL-Refaie, Professor EECE and Thomas and Suzanne M. Werner Endowed Chair, has received a $95,135 1-year grant award from GM for the project “Design a High-Speed Rare-Earth Free IPM Machine.”
Dr. Dong Hye Ye has received a 1-year grant in the amount of $33,230 from the National Institutes of Health for a project in collaboration with Purdue University, “Novel Platform for Quantitative Subcellular Resolution Imaging of Human Tissues Using Mass Spectrometry.”
- Dr. Chung Hoon Lee has received a 1-year grant in the amount of $83,000 from the Water Equipment & Policy I/UCRC Research Center for the project, “A Continuous Heavy Metal Contaminant Measurement System in Drinking Water.”
- Dr. Nathan Weise Wins $500,000 ARPA-E Grant
- Senior Design Projects Booklet 2018-2019
- Marquette ECE hosts the 2019/2020 Wade Chair
- Intelligent imaging: Using cameras and algorithms, Dr. Henry Medeiros helps computers "understand" complex processes
- The Influence of Dr. Demerdash
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering receives $597,000 GAANN award to support doctoral fellowships in electrical engineering
- Dr. Dong Hye Ye Receives Award from Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science & Technology for CT Image Use via Deep Learning
- Research & Innovation Initiatives within the Opus College of Engineering
- Masters Across Boundaries: A New Take on Graduate Engineering Education