Study Abroad Scholarships
Study Abroad Cycles:
Summer & Fall Programs
Applications Due: March 1
Applications Due: October 1
Current Call for Applications:
Fall Application Cycle for Spring 2024 Programs
Marquette’s Office of International Education and the University Honors Program have designated six particularly outstanding Study Abroad Programs as Honors-specific. Students who enroll in these programs for regular semester study (except for the IRC program at Monash University – see below) and commit to taking special Honors options within them are eligible for competitive $1500 Honors awards. Students who enroll in other Marquette-approved study abroad programs are eligible for other Honors awards as available. Students who enroll in one of these Honors-preferred programs may count up to two courses (3 cr or equivalent x 2) for Honors elective credit; students in other Marquette-approved programs of at least 4 weeks’ duration may count one course (3 cr or equivalent) for Honors elective credit.
Preference will be given to applications to the Honors-preferred programs, but if we do not receive enough fundable applications to these programs, we will fund applications to other Marquette-approved programs.
Honors-designated Study Abroad Programs
Note: more information and Honors requirements for these programs may be found in the OIE Study Abroad Portal
- Sibanye Cape Town Program, Cape Town, South Africa
- American College in Greece, Athens, Greece
- Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
- Mahidol University International College, Bangkok, Thailand
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile (PUC), Santiago, Chile
- DIS Study in Scandinavia, Copenhagen, Denmark
Applying for an Honors Award:
The application form will require you to include the following information:
- 2-3 paragraphs answering the following questions: How does this study-abroad program fit into your program of study? How does it advance your academic and professional goals? The more concrete and specific you can be, the better – we want to know not only why study abroad in general is will be good for you, but why you have picked the program(s) you have and what you hope to get out of them and give to them.
The faculty review committee will also consider applicants’ transcripts (Honors will supply these; you do not need to include them in your submission) and their applications to OIE.
Applications are due by Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 11:59pm.
Contact Amelia Zurcher with any questions.