Visiting MSN Education Students
Students from other institutions will be allowed to complete educational practicums on site at Marquette University. These practicums will be limited to:
1. In-person classrooms taught by MU College of Nursing faculty
2. In-person labs taught by MU College of Nursing faculty
3. In-person simulations taught by MU College of Nursing faculty
4. Online courses taught by MU College of Nursing faculty
Non-Marquette MSN in Education students will complete the following process to shadow or precept at Marquette University College of Nursing:
1. Complete and send the following documents to Clinical Systems Assistant (CSA) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Application for Precepted Experiences
- Letter of Good Standing from student's institution
- Course syllabus
- Affiliation agreement with partnering organization
- Any evaluation instruments Marquette University College of Nursing faculty need to complete on MSN student
- FERPA completion
- Using Internet Explorer, navigate to www.gcntraining.com.
- Click the green “Login to View Training” button. The system will check that your computer has the right tools to run the tutorial. Thereafter, the system will ask whether you have an account. If you have not previously created an account for the online FERPA tutorial, select “I have NOT yet created an account.” If you have previously created an account, select “I already have an account.”
- Enter Marquette University’s Organization ID “30965” in the Organization ID box.
- Create a Personal ID if this is the first time you are logging in to the online FERPA tutorial. You will then be prompted to enter your name, position and e-mail address.
- After you successfully log in, select the one and only tutorial available to you from the Select Tutorial menu, and click the “View” button. The tutorial will take approximately 20 – 30 minutes to complete.
- After you finish reviewing the tutorial, you will be asked to answer 12 questions. You must answer at least 9 of the 12 questions correctly, in order to successfully pass the quiz. If you answer 8 or fewer questions correctly, you will be required to take the quiz again.
- Upon successful completion of the FERPA quiz, please print, sign and date both the Certificate of Completion and the FERPA Confidentiality Agreement. Send both documents to Kevin Kotke, email@example.com
2. Clinical Systems Assistant will verify all documents and meet with Assistant Dean for Undergraduate or Graduate Programs to determine approval status and student placement.
3. Respective assistant dean will request placement from potential preceptor.
4. After approval, CSA will contact and connect preceptor and student.