J. William and Mary Diederich Scholarship
Named after the college benefactors, J. William and Mary Diederich, the scholarship program has been established to assist meritorious students who show leadership potential in the field of communication.
Up to five Diederich Scholarships are awarded annually to incoming freshmen and are renewable each year of a recipient's four-year undergraduate program, provided the recipient remains a student of the Diederich College and remains in good academic standing. Eligibility for the award includes academic excellence and leadership. For additional program details regarding this award review the applicable Award Information Guide, available from the Office of Student Financial Aid at marquette.edu/financialaid.
General Selection Guidelines
- High school seniors entering the Diederich College of Communication
- Demonstrated leadership in curricular and extracurricular activities
Students must meet two of the following:
- High school rank at or near the top 10 percent (when applicable)
- ACT composite of 28
- SAT composite of 1200 (math and verbal)
- Minimum 3.5 GPA (on an unweighted 4.0 scale) in all college preparatory courses
- Download the Scholars Programs instructions.
This packet of materials will guide you through program requirements.
- Apply for admission into Marquette.
You'll need to have a completed application on file to apply for Scholars Programs.
- Apply for Scholars Programs online. Using this link, choose "Log in" under Returning User and enter your Marquette Application Account access credentials. (Access information was sent to the email address you used when applying.) Click "Start New Application" to begin.