J. William and Mary Diederich Scholarship
Named after the college benefactors, J. William and Mary Diederich, the scholarship program has been established to assist meritorious students who show leadership potential in the field of communication.
Up to five Diederich Scholarships are awarded annually to incoming freshmen and are renewable each year of a recipient's four-year undergraduate program, provided the recipient remains a student of the Diederich College and remains in good academic standing. Eligibility for the award includes academic excellence and leadership. For additional program details regarding this award review the applicable Award Information Guide, available from the Office of Student Financial Aid at marquette.edu/financialaid.
- $8,000 (5 awards available)
- January 15 (apply for admission)
General Selection Guidelines
- Admitted to the Diederich College of Communication
- Demonstrated leadership in curricular and extracurricular activities
- International students are not eligible for this scholarship.
Students must meet two of the following:
- High school rank at or near the top 10 percent (when applicable)
- ACT composite of 28
- SAT composite of 1310 (math and verbal)
- Minimum 3.5 GPA (on an unweighted 4.0 scale) in all college preparatory courses