Whether it's preparing students for their first jobs or propelling graduate and professional students to even greater heights, a Marquette education helps students reach their full potential. But don't just take our word for it.
Marquette ranks 83rd in the 2023 edition of America's Best Colleges, released by U.S. News & World Report. The university is also ranked 52nd in Best Value Schools, which takes into account a school's academic quality and the net cost of attendance for a student who received the average level of need-based financial aid. We are proud that our students are getting a great value for their significant investment. In addition, Marquette is ranked 12th in Best Undergraduate Teaching, 41st in Most Innovative Schools and 51st in Best Colleges for Veterans. Marquette is again included as an A+ School for B Students, a distinction that aligns with our Catholic, Jesuit mission to graduate students who are transformed by their education.
The Princeton Review consistently ranks Marquette as one of its Best 388 Colleges. In its 2023 edition, it also listed Marquette in its lists of Best Value Colleges, Best Midwestern Colleges and Green Colleges. Marquette was recognized in several of The Princeton Review's Top 25 lists: 12th nationally in Best Schools for Internships (Private Schools); 16th nationally in Most Engaged in Community Service; and 11th nationally in Students Love Their Schools, which is based on our students’ enthusiasm for our Golden Eagles! The Princeton Review also named Marquette to its Guide to Green Colleges: 2023 Edition. The university received a Green Rating of 88/99 for the 2023 guide.
Based on Department of Education College Scorecard data, Marquette was ranked the 6th best college nationally and the best college in Wisconsin for job placement, according to rankings released by Zippia.com. The rankings of all undergraduate degree-granting higher education institutions were based on job placement numbers 10 years after graduation, and Marquette’s employment rate was 95.55%.
Marquette is the 52nd most trusted university among top universities in the nation according to a survey by Morning Consult, a global decision intelligence company, in its Most Trusted Brands in Higher Education 2022 report. Morning Consult’s Most Trusted Brands 2022 measures brand trust across industries, showcasing the companies and products that have earned or maintained consumer trust in 2022. The higher education list is based on June 2022 surveys of 11,050 adults and 1,000 high schoolers aged 16 to 18.
Additionally, Marquette was ranked 82nd nationally on Money's 2022 Best Colleges list for quality, affordability and student outcomes.
CEO Magazine has named Marquette to its list of North American Tier One MBA programs; 78th in its Global Executive MBA rankings; and 37th in its Global Online MBA rankings. The publication uses a ranking system geared and weighted toward fact-based criteria to provide potential students with a performance benchmark. Fortune ranked Marquette's executive MBA program 45th on its Best Executive MBA Programs of 2022-23 list.
Other notable rankings from U.S. News & World Report*:
- The online Master of Science in Computing program is ranked 14th (2022). According to U.S. News, the rankings for computer information technology programs are based on factors such as classroom engagement, faculty credentials and training, and student excellence. The Computer and Information Science undergraduate program is ranked 172nd (2023).
- U.S. News ranked Marquette's undergraduate nursing program 29th in the nation (2023). The College of Nursing's master of science program is ranked 61st (2023); its Doctor of Nursing Practice program is ranked 85th (2023); and the Nurse Midwifery program is 20th (2016). U.S. News ranked Marquette's online graduate nursing program 38th in 2022, up from 47th in 2021. New for 2022, the college’s online program was also ranked 9th nationally for veterans and 12th in the Nursing Administration/Leadership specialty category.
In the College of Business Administration, the undergraduate program is ranked 108th (2023); the Real Estate program is ranked 15th (2023); the Supply Chain Management program is ranked 18th (2023); the Finance program is ranked 22nd (2023); and the Accounting program is ranked 32nd (2023). In the Graduate School of Management, the executive MBA program is ranked 17th (2023); the part-time MBA program is ranked 63rd (2023); the Finance program was ranked 15th (2023); and the Supply Chain Management program was ranked 22nd (2023). Business school rankings are based on peer assessment scores.
- In the Opus College of Engineering, the undergraduate program is ranked 123rd (2023). Its overall ranking for graduate programs is 140th (2023), with the following graduate programs individually ranked: Biomedical engineering is 82nd (2023); civil engineering is 107th (2023); computer engineer is 103rd (2023); electrical engineering is 128th (2023); environmental engineering is 66th (2023); and mechanical engineering is 144th (2023). Engineering school rankings are based on peer assessment scores.
- In the College of Health Sciences, the Physical Therapy program is ranked 13th (2021); the Physician Assistant program 26th (2020); and the Speech Pathology and Audiology program 55th (2021).
- The Law School is ranked 105th overall (2023). The Dispute Resolution program is ranked 15th (2023); the Intellectual Property program is ranked 79th (2023); the Legal Writing program is ranked 21st (2023); and Trial Advocacy is ranked 121st (2021). The Part-time program is ranked 34th (2023).
- The College of Education's graduate program is ranked 89th (2023).
- The Klingler College of Arts and Sciences' doctoral program in biological sciences is ranked 186th (2023); the doctoral program in chemistry is ranked 150th (2023); the doctoral program in computer and information science is ranked 146th (2023); the doctoral program in psychology is ranked 122nd (2023); and the doctoral program in statistics is ranked 86th (2023).
* Note that U.S. News & World Report doesn't evaluate all programs annually.