ROTC Scholarship Enhancement
Marquette is honored to be a host institution for the Air Force, Army and Navy/Marine ROTC programs. Marquette has a longstanding affiliation with the U.S. armed forces.
Beginning as early as 1916, and solidifying in the late '30s and early '40s, Marquette ROTC students have learned to lead with their heads and their hearts. The leadership skills instilled by ROTC are further enhanced by the university's commitment to educating the whole person: physically, mentally and spiritually. Together, we shape morally fit leaders aware of their environment with a healthy respect for others.
Scholarship enhancement awards are given to ROTC scholarship recipients. For more information, contact Marquette's Air Force, Army or Navy ROTC units.
For additional program details about this award, review the applicable Award Information Guide, available from the Office of Student Financial Aid.
The maximum enhancement is $28,000.
Four-year scholarship enhancement
- Semesters 1 to 8: $3,500 scholarship toward university housing and meals charges per semester, not to exceed actual costs.
Three-year scholarship enhancement*
- Semesters 1 and 2: $6,500 scholarship toward university tuition charges per semester, to supersede any other Marquette University gift assistance.
- Semesters 3 to 8: $2,500 scholarship toward university housing and meals charges per semester, not to exceed actual costs.
*Army ROTC three-year scholarship winners will receive their full $28,000 MU ROTC Enhancement eligibility for their first year for tuition costs, divided evenly per semester superseding any other Marquette University gift assistance.
All other ROTC scholarship recipients will receive a $28,000 maximum MU gift assistance from Marquette over their 4 year undergraduate studies for university housing and meals charges. This means the ROTC Enhancement will be $28,000 minus any other Marquette gift assistance previously received divided equally among the remaining terms of enrollment (not to exceed $3500 per semester and not to exceed the actual housing and meals costs).
- Recipients must be awarded an Army, Navy/Marines or Air Force ROTC scholarship.
- All newly awarded incoming ROTC scholarship winners receive the enhancement.
- The ROTC enhancement is awarded on a semester basis.
- The ROTC enhancement is not available during summer terms.
- Other conditions of the award will be communicated to ROTC scholarship recipients.
- Current Marquette students who receive an ROTC award subsequent to their enrollment are eligible for the enhancement but will receive no more than $28,000 in Marquette gift assistance (this includes all Marquette scholarships, grants and/or enhancements).
What happens if I leave the ROTC program?
If you leave the ROTC program, your ROTC enhancement will no longer be in effect. Your original Père Marquette scholarships (if any) will be restored for the remainder of the term that your ROTC scholarship is no longer in effect (until your eighth semester) provided you maintain the requirements of the original scholarship.