Guiding Considerations for Early-stage Partnership Development
The following considerations may help guide early-stage partnership development. If you'd like help facilitating a meeting among all partners to explore these questions, contact Dr. Dan Bergen, executive director of Community Engagement.
- Define the specific purpose for the formation of the Partnership.
- Define the mission, values, goals, measurable outcomes and processes for accountability.
- Define the strengths of each of the partners.
- Define the needs and opportunities for expanding capacity of each of the partners through the Partnership.
- Define the principles and processes for decision-making for the Partnership with the input and agreement of all partners.
- Define the principles and process for conflict resolution for the Partnership with the input and agreement of all partners.
- Is there a pre-existing relationship? If so, what is the history?
- Are the identified measurable outcomes meaningful to all partners involved? How? Why?