Marquette University's Committee on Research (COR) is a University Academic Senate (UAS) committee which meets monthly. The committee’s formal charge, as listed in Section 2.04 on page 12 of the UAS Statutes, follows:
- Formulates policy concerning the conduct of research and makes recommendation to the UAS for approval.
- Decides the Summer Faculty Fellowships and Regular Research Grants.
- Selects and recommends to the Provost the Way Klingler Young Scholar Awards and Haggerty Research Award.
- Reviews and evaluates the University's research effort and to makes recommendations for its improvement and expansion.
- Serves as a hearing body, at the discretion of the Vice President for Research and Innovation, for cases of misconduct in scholarship.
- Provides an annual written report to the UAS.
Grants and Awards Reviewed by the COR
September 14, 2022: 9-11AM
October 12, 2022: 9-11AM
November 9, 2022: 9-11AM
December 7, 2022: 9-11AM
January 18, 2023: 9-11AM
February 8, 2023: 9-11AM
March 8, 2023: 9-11AM
April 4, 2023: Distinguished Scholars Reception, 3:00-5:00PM
April 12, 2023: 9-11AM
May 10, 2023: 9-11AM
Dr. Julia Azari, (Chair), Klingler College of Arts and Sciences/ Social Sciences
Dr. Sumana Chattopadhyay, Diederich College of Communication
Dr. Anne Clough, (Secretary), Klingler College of Arts and Sciences/Natural Sciences
Mr. Atiba Ellis, Law School
Dr. Jennifer Evans, (Secretary), College of Health Sciences
Dr. Jody Jessup-Anger, College of Education
Dr. Kalin Kolev, College of Business Administration
Dr. Sebastian Luft, Klingler College of Arts and Sciences/Humanities
Dr. Brooke Mayer, Opus College of Engineering
Dr. Linda Piacentine, (Vice Chair), College of Nursing
Dr. Lobat Tayebi, School of Dentistry
Dr. Danelle Orange, (Steering Committee), (non-voting)
Ms. Katherine Durben, Research and Sponsored Programs (non-voting)
Dr. Jeanne Hossenlopp, Vice President for Research and Innovation (non-voting)
Have questions or inquiries for the Committee on Research? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.