Dr. Roy - Computational Combustion Lab
Dr. Allen - Fire Lab
Dr. Borg - Shocks Physics Lab
Dr. Voglewede - Dynamics & Control Lab
2021 Graduate student virtual poster sessions
2021 Opus College of Engineering Outstanding Teacher: Dr. Phil Voglewede
Dr Kris Ropella (PI) and Dr. Allison Murray (Co-PI) have received a 3-year $300,000 award from the GHR Foundation for the project, “Racial Equity and Community Engagement Seed Grant.”
Dr. Joe Domblesky has received a 1-year $6,204 award from the Forging Industry Educational and Research Foundation (FIERF) for the project, “Robotic Forging Cell Development for Education and Research - Phase 2.”
- Dr. Joe Domblesky (PI), Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering, along with Dr. Phil Voglewede (Co-PI), Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering, and Dr. Richard Povinelli (Co-PI), Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, have received a 3-year award from the Defense Logistics Agency in collaboration with Advanced Technology International (ATI). Marquette’s portion of the award is $502,832 for the project, Intelligent Impression Die Forging Process Monitoring.
- Dr. Somesh Roy, Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering, has received a 10-month $10,000 award from the Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium for a project titled, “Grit and Self-Regulation in Engineering Education: An Intervention via Community of Practice.” Co-Investigators include Dr. Amber Young-Brice, Assistant Professor of Nursing, and Ms. Jenna Lassila, Assistant Director of Academic Advising in the Opus College of Engineering.
- Dr. John Borg, Professor and Chair of Mechanical Engineering, has received a 1-year award from the Air Force Office of Scientific Research in the amount of $154,900 for the project “"(DURIP) Thermal Imaging Camera for Dynamic Events of Heterogeneous Materials.”
- Dr. Joe Schimmels, Robert C. Greenheck Chair in Design and Manufacturing and Professor of Mechanical Engineering, has received a 3-year $749,976 award for the project, “NRI: FND: Dexterous Manipulation Using Multi-Serial Manipulator Systems with Real-Time Compliance Modulation.” Dr. Shuguang Huang, Research Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering, is the Co-PI.
- Dr. Allison Murray (PI) and Drs. Somesh Roy (Co-PI) and Phil Voglewede (Co-PI) received a 4-month award in the amount of $10,524 from the Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium for the project titled, “Can Anyone Hear Me? Assessing the Transactional Distance for Engineering Students during COVID-19”